Cold plate problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold plate problems

I made a Jockey box with 2 cold plates that each have 2 ins and 2 outs. I put a Y on the in and outs of each plate and ran form one plate to the other plate then out the spout. The keg was at a tailgate and the whole thing was foam. We filled a pitcher and waited for the foam to go down and all the beer was flat. How could I fix this problem?
    Last edited by back77; 09-02-2008, 01:59 PM.

Alot of things could cause the foam: The keg was not kept cold or was not settled, the hose from the coupler to the box is not the right length. Did you drain the water off of the plates as it melted?
    "If you tap it, they will come."

Comment

Why "Y"? Have you attempted to run straight through both plates? What is your pressure? Have you cleaned this system? Are you using just as much ice as possible and draining the water? Are you attempting to dispense multiple days at a high pressure?
      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

The "y" were to try to get more in the coldplates. The keg was straight from the store cooler and put on ice. This all happened in a 4 hr time frame and the keg was gone. What does the lenth of the hose need to be? It is probaly 6 feet. The box set on the tail gate and the keg next to it in ice. Do you think that I should do away with one of the plates, the beer (or foam) was good and cold.

Comment

If you are going to drink the whole keg in a short time period you should think about using a coil or coils instead of the plates.
          "If you tap it, they will come."

Comment

Working...
          X