Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the take on un-tapping and re-tapping??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the take on un-tapping and re-tapping??

I have a jokey box and a keg of Blue Moon for my Labor Day party tomorrow. Wanted to dip in tonight.... what are the thoughts of untapping in tonight, putting it in the fridge and hooking it back up tomorrow? Will the keg stay good?

If you are tapping with co2 you will be fine. If you use a party pump, your beer may start to get off flavors by party time.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

pushing with co2. sounds great. can't wait to get home from work and tap that baby up. It's only right to sample the beverage before the guests arrive tomorrow, right?

Comment

You'll be fine

Tapping and then un-tapping on a CO2 system is fine as long as you maintain the proper pressure in the keg to keep the right level of carbonation.

If you are using one of the 120' coil boxes that requires 35 PSIG to push the beer, then you need to vent the keg down and let it come back up to carbonation maintenance pressure, but this is the only worry when removing a keg from a jockey box for later use.

Comment

I'm losing pressure help.

Though i got my Kegerator on X-mas - i didn't successfully hook it up until the following tuesday. I tried to no avail to hook up a 40 lbs CO2 tank - it actually bled out overnight - due to the glass ball being in the wrong place. I thought i'd ruined the pressure valve on the coupler, had to rig it so i didn't hear a dull hiss of gas. It eventually went away on it's own, btu now i'm finidn that i'm losing pressure. My adjustment dial on the regulator is opened as far as it can go and it's steadily dropped from 11 to 8 to about 6.5 now after 2 weeks. What's happening? Is the beer going to go bad? Am i running out of gas? Help - still got about 1/2 a 1/2 barrel to go - don't want to waste it.

Comment

Working...
          X