What size jumper line? Quick Input!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size jumper line? Quick Input!!

Heading to the local store in a few to get a jumper line for my jockey box kit. The kit is using 50' of 5/16" SS coil. What size and length of jumper is ideal. I have some 3/16" line from my kegerator. Is that too small? Should I use 1/4" or 3/8" instead???
    Last edited by Fastsc92; 07-02-2008, 09:35 PM.

For a jumper you would use 3/8", that would be from your coupler to the in of the coil. You would then use 3/16" for the choker at the other end. I am not sure of the resistance in 50' of stainless but depending on your starting pressure I would start with 5-8 feet of 3/16" at the end as a choker and cut it back as needed.
    Ed
    Blue Line Draft Systems
    www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

Also, I wouldn't recommend the hose you can get at the hardware store. You may be able to find food grade lines but the thickness of the vinyl is significantly thinner than the stuff made for beer. This lends itself to kinking and other troubles that are best avoided.
      Ed
      Blue Line Draft Systems
      www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

this is vinyl beer line, with the wig-nut ends. I just wasn't sure what size to get. The oulet of the coil is connected directly to a faucet. I'm not sure what you're talking about with a choker....

Comment

3/8" ID Vinyl is what you will need for a jumper.
          Ed
          Blue Line Draft Systems
          www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

Working...
          X