70 feet 5/16 Coil Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 feet 5/16 Coil Questions

I'm considering making a jockey box with the 70' coil as a compromise. I would like to enjoy the saturday leftovers again on sunday. What is the suggested co2 pressure if the keg is kept iced? What length & diameter of jmper hose is ideal? Is this a reasonable compromise that will prevent over/under carbonation for a weekend event?

You'll probably need to run 20-25 PSI on the co2. That pressure is determined more by the resistance of the coil rather than the temp of the beer.

As far as under/over carbonation, you'll be fine over a two day period. Just release the pressure off the keg overnight down to 12-14 PSI and raise it back up when you need to pour.

Can't tell you what the diameter or length of the jumper hose is since I just lent my jockey box out. It's about 4' long and maybe 1/2" ID.

Comment

Jumper line is normally 3/8" ID and if exposed to sun, preferably black vinyl.
      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Question for Scott

Originally posted by Scott Zuhse View Post
        Jumper line is normally 3/8" ID and if exposed to sun, preferably black vinyl.
        Thanks for the reply. But, MM only sells the BLACK 3/8" in 50' or 100' coils. They seem to sell every other size & color by the foot, except for this. Would the make up a black jumper for me?

Comment

This could be a component that could be assembled at each warehouse upon a received order. I'll submit a new product request and see what happens. In the meantime, check you private messages.
          Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Working...
          X