Upright Dispensing Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upright Dispensing Rod

I bought a new upright dispensing rod to have on hand for this summer to take kegs to the pool or lake. Since I already have the other equipment, I thought I'd go ahead and get it. Has anyone used the setup as described in this link? Wondering if it will work well. Thanks.

I've never seen one in person, but unless that 12" rod is considerably smaller in diameter than 3/16" then that will be a party beer cannon with barely any pressure applied. I'd rather buy the tub, drill a hole in the upper edge to support a faucet, attach the co2 cylinder, regulator and coupler I already have and attach 10' of beer line that I can settle down in the ice.

Comment

I see what you are saying and I agree that sounds good. I think for the fun of it I will try out this setup when I change kegs (hopefully this weekend). I'll need to get a quarter barrel to fit in the fridge. I'll report back my results. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

I've heard others say that this setup is fine if you plan on going through a keg quickly, because you need to keep the psi level on the co2 tank pretty low to prevent wild pours, like maybe even as low as 4 or 5 psi. So the beer goes flat if kept at this psi level for any length of time.

They also sell this one, which would probably be better, since it has 4' of beer line. This would allow the psi to be closer to the recommended setting, or you could replace that beer line with a longer one and get the correct psi settings. Then all you would be missing is the refrigerator that keeps the beer cold. Of course, since you already bought the other one... this might not be helpful to you, but maybe to someone else.

Last edited by cubby_swans; 03-20-2008, 02:34 PM.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Correct. On this setup you would regulate the flow by the CO2 pressure since you're not going to be trying to keep the beer fresh and carbonated for longer than 2 days at most. I'd imagine at 5 PSI it would be a much better setup than the ol' party pump.
          Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I bought the upright tapper and have been very disappointed. No pressure adjustments or cleaning procedures will make this contraption pour properly. After reading the responses to your initial post, I have some ideas. The ID of the vertical mast changes three times with a large irregular cavity just before the faucet. I now think this is hopeless for beer dispensing of several days. Good Luck

Comment

Working...
            X