• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virginia..

Currently-1/4 keg of yuegling lager
    Past:
    1/4 keg of Miller Lite(4 times)
    1/4 keg of Bud Light (once)

Only had my kegerator for 2 months now, so I haven't tapped too many.

Comment

guinness in the old fridge converted to keg o rator. putting in a dual barrel system now got the thing from an old bar. hoping to run a light beer or cheap keg for the other people. it makes me cry when some pulls a pint of guinness and takes 1 sip and finds out they dont like it! :
      ....ONE KEG OF BEER FOR THE FOUR OF US......FOR ONE OF US COULD DRINK IT ALL ALONE.

Comment

North of Dallas, TX

I recently finished my kegerator conversion. Working on my 2nd 1/2 bbl of Shiner Bock.

I'm inviting friends over to help me kill this one because I've got a 1/4 bbl of Shiner Black Lager arriving at my local store on Tuesday.

As far as pricing, it's widely variable here. $152 (and 3-4 days for SB) at one store and $99 (always in stock) across the highway. Guess where I shop.

Comment

Wouldn't it be great to see real vendor names and prices? There's probably some stupid law against that, at least here in Texas.

Comment

In the Hudson Valley, NY

Currently: Yeungeling slim quarter, Blue Moon sixth

Previously: Guinness (every Winter), Harp, Sam Adams Summer Ale, Yeungling

I have only had the thing for a year and a half.

Comment

Just tapped a 1/2 barrel of Bell's Two Hearted Ale. GOOD LORD is it tasty. Quite possibly the best keg I have had yet!

Comment

Just blew another keg of Yuengling Lager tonight.

Looking to go to Williamsburg Ale Werks on Saturday and pick up something from them.

Alot of local breweries here in Virginia will fill a corney keg for about $30.

Comment

Since my last post, I've tapped a 1/6 of O'Fallon 5-Day IPA, a 1/6th of Arcadia Ales IPA, and going back to the Boulevard Wheat tonight. 5 weeks later, STILL no sign of my Bell's Two-Hearted ale but the owner assures me that it's on order and I will have it as soon as the distributor gets it. I've spent so much time in there the last two months, we're on a first name basis.

I asked him what do I do if the Bell's shows up and I just picked up something else? He says "I know who you are, I'll hold on to it for you until you're ready to take it home." One of these days, I'll have a nice Beverage Air or True 2 or 3 keg unit built into a bar in a basement so I won't have to worry about trivial things like this.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Phoenix Az area

Currently on tap:

Guinness 50L
                    Smithwicks 50L
                    Four Peaks Kiltlifter 15.5 G

Previous:

Guinness
                    Harps

Beverage Aire DD-58
                    Last edited by hobster; 07-13-2008, 09:48 PM. Reason: forgot system

Comment

Originally posted by cubby_swans View Post
                      I asked him what do I do if the Bell's shows up and I just picked up something else? He says "I know who you are, I'll hold on to it for you until you're ready to take it home." One of these days, I'll have a nice Beverage Air or True 2 or 3 keg unit built into a bar in a basement so I won't have to worry about trivial things like this.
                      Cubby, I hope your Two Hearted comes through. I have it right now and it is incredible. The hops have a little more bite than the bottled version, but it is just so smooth and balanced.

I know what you are saying, a buddy of mine is selling his 1yr old Danby for $300 and I am so tempted to buy it. I would love to convert one to hold two 1/6 barrels and leave the other for 1/2 barrels. I would love to get a good imperial stout on tap.

Comment

Originally posted by cubby_swans View Post
                        Since my last post, I've tapped a 1/6 of O'Fallon 5-Day IPA, a 1/6th of Arcadia Ales IPA, and going back to the Boulevard Wheat tonight. 5 weeks later, STILL no sign of my Bell's Two-Hearted ale but the owner assures me that it's on order and I will have it as soon as the distributor gets it. I've spent so much time in there the last two months, we're on a first name basis.
                        Cubby - where do you shop? I need to order one in MO soon, since I can't get it in IL.

Comment

more problems

well got the thing plugged in last week and it seemed to run(the compresser) for like 15 min out of every 17! and all I got was foam. bad tower cooler i ended up throwing the lite keg in the old guinness kegorator and on wed I was pouring good beers!!!!! but the old perlick cooler has an appointment with the hvac guy next door i hope it is just a little low on r134a and then I can get the guinness back on tap along with the lite. til then I have a referagerator showroom in my kitchen and 2 of the 3 are plugged in keeping cool. ALL I REALLY WANT IS 2 OR 3 BEERS ON TAP IN MY KITCHEN, IS THAT TOO MUCH TOO ASK??????????
                          ....ONE KEG OF BEER FOR THE FOUR OF US......FOR ONE OF US COULD DRINK IT ALL ALONE.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterloo View Post
                            Cubby - where do you shop? I need to order one in MO soon, since I can't get it in IL.
                            If you want to special order something like Bell's Two Hearted on this side of the river, you should call 33 Wine Shop in Lafayette. They are hands down tip top at getting something in for you. Don't let the name fool you. They are WELL versed on their beer and usually have bottles of stuff flat out impossible to get elsewhere. The guy running their beer side of the store is an uber beer geek.

I just ordered from the liquor store close to my house. Yes, they have a decent selection of bottled beer, but I'm getting the feeling they don't really have reps at their distributors who give a cr@p. Still no Two Hearted for me. I'm actually going over to your neck of the woods for my next keg. Bon Vivant in Columbia can get me a 1/2 barrel of Founder's Centennial IPA for $150. They can also get me a 1/2 barrel of Dog Fish Head 90 minute, but that's a bit steep at $270 That stuff is $10 a 4 pack, so it's not a bad deal, it's just a bit much for me to spend on a keg. We can't get Founders or Dog Fish Head on this side of the river. Their keg availability rotates pretty frequently, so you just have to call Andrew over there. He e-mailed me a list of what's available as of July 14.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

"In the Sunshine state where the bomb as hemp be".

Firestone double
                              coors light
                              bud select
                              alaskan amber

Its all good. Just depends on your criteria.

Comment

Corona California

My last kegerator only held 1/4 barrels so I was limited on 7.75 gallons.
                                I did however have a few kegs of Karl Strauss' libations.
                                1st Keg Karl Strauss Red Trolley Ale
                                Next 3 Karl Strauss Amber Lager.

I am currently putting the finishing touches on a Beer Meister kegerator that will be tapping something good....
                                I am going to Stone Brewing (makers of Arrogant Bastard) on Tuesday, perhaps I will p/u a 1/2 barrel.
                                MMMMMMM
                                Beer is proof that GOD loves us and wants us to be happy

Comment

Working...
                                X