• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northridge, CA
    Allentown, PA
    Brooksville, FL
    Las Vegas, NV
    Central City, CO
    Anywhere, USA that I may be on any given day!

Any ale or lager that is not dispensed with pre-mixed gas. Nitro beers, Porters, IPAs and beer that is served in a clean glass from a clean system, between 36 and 40 F and is not out of date code. Depending on how the day progressed, preferably those beers with high alcohol content!

Yes indeed, I will drink bottled beer or scotch if the above is not available.
    Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Killed a keg of Belgian amber ale I brewed a while back so I'm falling back on some more weizen I bottles while I wait for my brown ale to age a bit more.

I have a hefeweizen in the fermenter that I'll bottle this weekend and bottle condition for a month. This weekend I'll also brew a dunkleweizen and use an american ale yeast that I'll keg. I've gotten behind in my brewing and so I don't have draught beer as stocked as I'd like.
      Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
      but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

im partial to the leiny lines and the sam adams selections.blue moon is also a guilty pleasure. last but not least my single malt scotches,talisker,onan and my dearly beloved george dickel white lable.waters for washin,dickels for drinkin!gotta roll, the route calls-cya,brianatkcdraft.

Comment

Sunny So. Cal.

Current: Murphy's Irish Red
          Previous (that I remember):
          Fat Tire
          Firestone Pale Ale
          Firestone Double Barrel Ale
          Pilsner Urquell
          Carlsberg
          Sam Adams Boston Lager
          Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Comment

Always Guinness..for the last two years. Best investment I ever made.

Comment

That's a lot of Guinness. Do you have people to help you out or do you mostly drink it yourself? I would get Guinness if I could get it in a 1/4 barrel. A 1/2 barrel is too much for me for a stout. It would take me forever to finish it.

Comment

Still Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat here, but I finally got my wife drinking other beers, and she likes the IPA, so I'm thinking about getting one of those next.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Well, I have my new Kegerator, my gas, and my first keg of Guinness... just waiting on my coupler and stout faucet!

Now:
                  Guinness

Next:
                  Kilkenny
                  Strongbow (for the lady)
                  DKC645BLS (Jan. 08 Production)
                  -All MM Hardware

Comment

So after about 6 1/2 barrels of Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat, I've finally moved on to something else.

Just picked up a sixtel of Goose Island IPA - no 1/2 barrels available

Also, I put the screws to the manager of the beer store by my house and managed to get a 1/2 barrel of Bell's Two Hearted Ale special ordered. Holy smokes I can't wait for that to get here. I'm just happy that my friends are lame and won't drink anything but Bud Light, so I won't have to share the Bell's with anyone other than my wife

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Just finished a 1/2 of Blue Moon Belgium White, now working on Gordon Biersch Marzen.

My wife can't drink write now but has taste tested my last several kegs, unfortunately she doesn't like the Marzen. I may have to go to a dual tap with 1/6 barrels when she starts up again....

Anyone else noticing that prices of kegs has risen dramatically over the last several months?

Comment

Originally posted by monkey710 View Post
                        Anyone else noticing that prices of kegs has risen dramatically over the last several months?
                        Depends on what you're drinking. Prices went up a couple bucks around here for most beers in Feb. My Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat went from $113 to $119 where I normally buy it, but I managed to find it for $110 at another place. Everyone has to compensate for higher fuel costs. And to top that, prices of hops have skyrocketed, so beers with more hops are going to cost more. The 1/2 barrel of Bell's Two Hearted (an IPA) I have on order is going to run me $160, where a year ago the same beer was $145. Still, $160 beats the daylights out of $9.99 for a 6 pack. Also, the Boulevard has an alcohol content (by volume) of 4.5% whereas the two-hearted is 7%. I'm pretty sure the two-hearted last a bit longer than the Boulevard.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Hot & Hummid West Palm Beach Florida

Currenty
                          Shippyard's Old Thumper 1/6
                          Bud Select 1/6

In the past
                          Yuengling Lager
                          Bud Light
                          Smithwick's
                          Killian's

Comment

I have noticed that my two distributors here have increased their prices from 130 to 150 for most of the microbrew type beers such as Fat Tire, Blue Moon, Gordon Biersch...Don't drink the cheap stuff too often so don't know their prices...

Comment

Ummmm...Beer....

Great idea for a thread! Good to see the many varieties from all over....

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but it seemed like it at the time. Where can I get and what kind of beer can I get in 1/6 barrels???

Location: The North Hills of Pittsburgh, PA.....aka Steeler Country!
                              HOME OF THE 6 TIME WORLD CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Comment

Fort Worth, TX

Just got the kegerator about 3 months ago, and I'm on my 3rd 1/2 barrel of Bud Light. I figured that I would solve the foam issues before branching out...

On the wish list, though -

Red Hook ESB
                                Sam Adams Boston ALE
                                Cheqvar would be neat if I could find it, I guess...
                                I'd even do Schlitz if the formulation was like it was before Pabst started brewing it in San Antonio.

Comment

Working...
                                X