Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memding
    replied
    Can the regulator on this site be adjusted between 12 to 18 PSIG? If so, you could use these to regulate the appropriate pressure from your cylinder and possible adapt this to your pressure inlet on the coupler.

Leave a comment:

• CoreyD
    replied
    You can get paintball tanks with an on/off valve instead of the pin valve. Or buy the valve and switch it over yourself.

Leave a comment:

• SchalkMarais
    replied
    Vent hole on adapter

I have a MicroMatic mini regulator... No gauges, just a pressure preset knob... And a machined adapter between the paintball tank and the regulator.

The adapter has a tiny vent hole on the side. As the bottle pin is depressed the gas escapes until the o-ring on the bottle seats properly.

I do not see this vent on the Williams or Morebeer adapters... Is it really required?
    I loose a lot of CO2 thanks to this stupid vent

Leave a comment:

• rickk1000
    replied
    Williams sells a really nice regulator made specifically for paintball tanks. The gauges point in the correct direction when connected to the tank. The gauges are rubber covered as well, a nice feature on a portable system. I have been using one for several months now with very good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Rkulp
    replied
    The point is, a paintball tank is the same as any other Co2 tank. It is just a cylinder and a valve. All tanks lose pressure when they are emptied, regardless of what they are used for.

I have never seen a beverage regulator that had a specified minimum pressure required. If there was, it would not work properly for any Co2 tank once the pressure is dropped.

Leave a comment:

• CoreyD
    replied
    But you are still missing the point that paintball tanks do not always have the 500psi that primary regulators require for the inlet pressure, which is why I use the paintball reg as the primary because it is designed for those tanks.

Leave a comment:

• Rkulp
    replied
    Originally posted by CoreyD View Post
    Never said that paintball tanks have regulators on them.
    Originally posted by CoreyD View Post
    There are plenty of paintball regulators that go directly on the tank.
    The point I was making was that there is only a valve on the paintball Co2 tank, not a regulator. It will empty and lose pressure just like any other tank.

Both options will work but it is cheaper just to buy a primary reg.

Leave a comment:

• CoreyD
    replied
    Never said that paintball tanks have regulators on them. Not all paintball tanks have pin valves; some have on/off valves. They are separate just like a full size CO2 tank is separate from a beverage regulator. A paintball regulator is just a CO2 regulator designed for paintball. It can be in line with 1/8th pipe threads or it can be female and thread directly onto a paintball tank. The point was that beverage regulators require a minimum inlet pressure of about 500psi which a paintball tank does not always maintain as it empties. I do not believe that a primary beverage regulator functions properly below 500psi. I use a paintball CO2 regulator on my tank with a secondary beverage regulator for redundancy. When you use these things on portable systems they get banged around and who knows what will break when.
    Female Stabilizer [PPSP010] - $79.00 : Palmers Pursuit Shop!, Where Custom Still Means Something

Leave a comment:

• Rkulp
    replied
    Paintball Co2 tanks do not have regulators, its just a cylinder and a pin valve.
    Paintball Nitro tanks come in either a high output (800psi) or low output (450psi).

A paintball regulator that is part of a gun will have a gauge and an adjustment screw so you can set the psi accordingly, just like a beverage regulator. Most guns run around 150psi so the regulator and pressure gauge wasn't designed for fine tuning around 15psi.

When using a paintball Co2 tank, you will be using a beverage regulator. You adjust the psi on the beverage regulator just like you would any other tank.

Leave a comment:

• CoreyD
    replied
    There are plenty of paintball regulators that go directly on the tank. It has no bearing on how the regulator works. The important things are the inlet and outlet pressures. Paintball regulators cannot be as fine tuned as beverage regulators.

Leave a comment:

• Rkulp
    replied
    Regulators designed specifically for paintball are attached to the gun, not the Co2 tank.

Leave a comment:

• CoreyD
    replied
    There are regulators designed specifically for paintball equipment. A paintball tank can drop below the minimum inlet pressure on a primary beverage regulator and I don’t know if it will malfunction or not. A primary regular CO2 regulator is designed to go on the tank and handle the high pressure. A secondary regulator cannot handle the high pressure from the tank and is used after the primary where you need different pressures for different products.

Leave a comment:

• Rkulp
    replied
    What paintball regulator are you talking about? A paintball tank will work on a primary reg just as good as any other tank. Also, what is the difference between a primary and secondary regulator besides for the input?

Leave a comment:

• CoreyD
    replied
    There is a minimum inlet pressure on all of the primary co2 regluators that I have seen. I assume that the regulator will not function properly without that minimum pressure. I use the paintball regluator with a secondary regulator for redundancy.

Leave a comment:

• Rkulp
    replied
    All you need is a Co2 regulator you would use for beer dispensing and a tank with an on/off valve like this one.
    Smart Parts 20oz CO2 Tank with Smart Parts On-Off Valve

If you already have a paintball tank, replace the valve with
    DoroSports.com with secure online ordering | Paintball | Skateboard | Airsoft Supplies - 32 Degrees On/Off Paintball CO2 Tank Valve

I use this set-up when a friend needs a tap or I'm tailgating. Works great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X