No announcement yet.

Paintball CO2 tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually all paintball tanks dont syphon they all pull from the headspace of the cilinder. This is exactly why you cant tip one over it will disperse liquid CO2 into your keg and possibly explode it. So if a paint ball tank syphoned from the bottom you would have to turn it upside down to ue it... which you dont.

I found another paintball tank adapter for your regulator. This one is even cooler, it can be used for either a paintball tank or a normal CO2 tank WITHOUT REMOVING THE ADAPTER!!
    MoreBeer | Paint Ball Tank Adapter

I use a paintball tank setup so if you have any questions please ask!!

-DIG

Comment

Originally posted by digunderground View Post
      I found another paintball tank adapter for your regulator. This one is even cooler, it can be used for either a paintball tank or a normal CO2 tank WITHOUT REMOVING THE ADAPTER!!
      MoreBeer | Paint Ball Tank Adapter

-DIG
      How is it you can use this adapter for both a paintball tank and normal CO2 tank without removing the adapter?

Comment

Full size tanks and paintball tanks use the same thread. If you use a paintball tank with an on/off valve instead of the pin valve you can use a standard regulator. You just have to make sure that the threads on the regulator nut are long enough to catch the threads on the paintball tank valve.
        "If you tap it, they will come."

Comment

Actually the threads are the same, but the depths are not. The second one I posted from More Beer uses a pin to depress the paintball tank "valve" and that same pin doesnt interfere with the normal co2 tanks. ONLY THE ONE FROM MORE BEER WORKS ON BOTH!! Only this one has a detached tightening nut just like ones used for normal co2 tanks. The one from "Williams Brewing" ONLY works on paintball tanks.

The More Beer one works on both the pin actually fits in the small threaded hole in the center of the co2 tank connection, but doesnt block it or disrupt airflow.

Hope this all helps

-DIG

Comment

If you get a paintball tank with the on/off valve you do not need to worry about the pin. Also if you have a remote setup for the paintball tank the adapter can thread into the regulator no pin depressor needed. Getting the left handed stem out of the regulator can be tough and might damage it.

Comment

Originally posted by CoreyD View Post
              If you get a paintball tank with the on/off valve you do not need to worry about the pin. Also if you have a remote setup for the paintball tank the adapter can thread into the regulator no pin depressor needed.
              My only concern would be the grade of the plastic hose on those remote tank relocators with a valve. Most of that is by no means "food grade" and you still have to worry about chemicals leaching via the co2 gas inflow. Then again I get upset when I have to use any material other than stainless steel.

Originally posted by CoreyD View Post
              Getting the left handed stem out of the regulator can be tough and might damage it.

AGAIN, if you use the one that More Beer has it works for both paintball tanks and std. Co2 tanks. If you are an adept DIY person you will have no problem switching the stem. If you are not a DIY guy, just be gentle and you wont have a problem.. but im guessing if you are a brewer then you are a diy guy..

-DIG

Comment

The remotes use a stainless steel braided line so it's all good. I built a draft box that uses 2 16oz paintball tanks built into the bottom. The tanks have on/off valves and anti-siphon tubes so they can lay on their sides. It will pump 4-5 kegs with both tanks on. It makes life easy for parties and BBQs since there is no large tank to lug around. I have 20ln co2 tanks with siphon tubes in them so I can refill the paintball tanks myself at a cost of about $1 each.

Comment

Originally posted by gdashoff21 View Post
                  I was trying to make a keg party pump that was easily transportable, just a coupler, regulator and a paintball CO2 tank. The problem is that the paintball CO2 tank's threads are too small for the keg regulator I already have, does anyone know if there is someplace where I can get a conversion for this? I have a line from the CO2 tank with a quick release on it that looks like
                  So if anyone knows of a place to get that kind of quick release that would fit a standard keg regulator that would also be helpful.
                  Thanks
                  I am looking for exactly what you have outlined - an adapter from a paintball CO2 tank to my standard beverage regulator. Were you able to work this out? The morebeer link shows the perfect solution but they do not sell it any more. Do you know of any other places that may sell it. The palmer-pursuit.com solution can only handle 1000PSI and since the paintball tanks can handle 1600PSI I would like to work with that number.
                  Have you had any issues with your setup? For example, were there any issues with any contaminants in the paintball tank. From talking with the paintball guys they say the tanks are clean but it is always good to ask someone that is using it if they have had issues with that or not.
                  Thanks
                  Damon

Comment

What solution can only handle 1000psi? You could use Palmer's low pressure female stablizer on the paintball tank. I use it and a regular secondary co2 regulator. I don't trust the paitball regulators to handle the volume of co2 for the draft beer setup. Palmer's also sells an adapter that would thread into a regular primary co2 regulator and convert it to 1/8" pipe thread to connect to the paintball tank.

Comment

All you need is a Co2 regulator you would use for beer dispensing and a tank with an on/off valve like this one.
                      Smart Parts 20oz CO2 Tank with Smart Parts On-Off Valve

If you already have a paintball tank, replace the valve with
                      DoroSports.com with secure online ordering | Paintball | Skateboard | Airsoft Supplies - 32 Degrees On/Off Paintball CO2 Tank Valve

I use this set-up when a friend needs a tap or I'm tailgating. Works great.

Comment

There is a minimum inlet pressure on all of the primary co2 regluators that I have seen. I assume that the regulator will not function properly without that minimum pressure. I use the paintball regluator with a secondary regulator for redundancy.

Comment

What paintball regulator are you talking about? A paintball tank will work on a primary reg just as good as any other tank. Also, what is the difference between a primary and secondary regulator besides for the input?

Comment

There are regulators designed specifically for paintball equipment. A paintball tank can drop below the minimum inlet pressure on a primary beverage regulator and I don’t know if it will malfunction or not. A primary regular CO2 regulator is designed to go on the tank and handle the high pressure. A secondary regulator cannot handle the high pressure from the tank and is used after the primary where you need different pressures for different products.

Comment

Regulators designed specifically for paintball are attached to the gun, not the Co2 tank.

Comment

There are plenty of paintball regulators that go directly on the tank. It has no bearing on how the regulator works. The important things are the inlet and outlet pressures. Paintball regulators cannot be as fine tuned as beverage regulators.

Comment

Working...
                                X