Paintball CO2 tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paintball CO2 tank

I was trying to make a keg party pump that was easily transportable, just a coupler, regulator and a paintball CO2 tank. The problem is that the paintball CO2 tank's threads are too small for the keg regulator I already have, does anyone know if there is someplace where I can get a conversion for this? I have a line from the CO2 tank with a quick release on it that looks like
    So if anyone knows of a place to get that kind of quick release that would fit a standard keg regulator that would also be helpful.
    Thanks

Can the regulator on this site be adjusted between 12 to 18 PSIG? If so, you could use these to regulate the appropriate pressure from your cylinder and possible adapt this to your pressure inlet on the coupler.

Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

I don't actually have a paintball regulator, but I already have a regulator for a keg set up. So I was looking for a way to adapt the smaller paintball tank to make it fit the larger keg regulator.

Comment

I would recommend using a conventional cylinder for your regulator. They are designed to regulate high pressure.

Comment

I have a regular kegerator system set up with a regular size cylinder for it, but I wanted to make a transportable one so I wanted to use the smaller cylinder so I'd only have a small CO2 tank, regular and tap, then just a party style faucet, but the extra keg regulator I have is too large for the paintball CO2 tank.

Comment

If you can find an fitting that will adapt between the cylinder and the regulator, there should not be any issue as to dropping the internal pressure of your paintball cylinder to a usable pressure for the keg. Problem you will face is to find the fitting. What is the internal pressure of the paintball cylinder?

Comment

here is a link to help you!!!

You can go to Williamsbrewing, they have the proper equipment to convert your regular regulator to a paintball tank regulator. in fact they sell paintball tank regulators pre-assembled.

BREWER'S EDGE® PAINTBALL REGULATOR ADAPTER @ Williams Brewing

I need to find the reverse... lol I need to convert this to a standard CO2 tank, I want to move to a 10# instead of paintball tanks.

-DIG

Comment

I think it would be a good idea for anyone in this forum to buy one of those adapters. Since you never really know when you are going to run out of CO2, (or at least you don't get a lot of warning) it would be easy, and relatively cheap, to have a small paintball CO2 tank on hand in case of a beer emergency. It would at least get you through the night, or possible the weekend if your CO2 place is only open five days a week.

Comment

i was looking into the same thing.

not only do the threads not always fit but also a paintball co2 container had the pin that has to be pushed in which the regulator can't do. I found this which should do the trick ...

1/8 NPT ON/OFF Ball Valve [FITT016] - $16.00 : Palmers Pursuit Shop!, Where Custom Still Means Something
                  (you can also look for a "remote line fitting")

only thing i'm not sure about is if the male side is long enough to fit on the regulator and have a tight seal. If not then u will also have get a brass pipe adapter and a small piece of tubing.

Comment

i'll be able to let u all know more once i get mine finished and working

Comment

I forgot about that little pin which needs to be pressed. Be sure to post pictures when you get it working.

Comment

They make paintball tanks that have on/off valves with no pin.
                        "If you tap it, they will come."

Comment

um...you do know that CO2 tanks for paintball use liquid CO2 don't you........

Comment

All CO2 tanks use liquid.
                            "If you tap it, they will come."

Comment

But a paintball tank siphons it from the bottom...

Comment

Working...
                              X