Sixth Barrel & Slim Quarter Availability List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cubby_swans View Post
    search for liquor/beer stores in your area that carry a nice selection of craft beer. And then ask the store manager/owner to contact their distributor to find out what they can get in 1/6 barrels. Most stores I called the first time around had never heard of a 1/6 barrel, either. But when I asked them to contact their distributor(s), they called me back with a list of 1/6 barrels that I could get.
    +1 Cubby...

Buddy up with your local store manager and get yourself a list from the store itself or from the distributor. My local place is awesome to work with, I can ask for anything and I get a call back within a few days. Hell, I even get a courtesy call when each of the distributors come in to unload the truck every week

-Rob
    Currently on tap: Another schweet 1/2 of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale

Fond Memories: 1/2 Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA, 1/2 Dogfish Head Punkin Ale, 1/2 Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, 1/2 Sierra Nevada Summerfest, 1/4 Yuengling (2), 1/6 Sam Adams Summer Ale, 1/6 Bud American Ale, 1/6 Shock Top, 1/6 Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale

"To alcohol: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer Simpson

Comment

Bel Air Md, 3rd Base liquors

Most of these have to be ordered, but usually 1 day turn around.

Kegs in 1/4 or 1/6 that are available right now

Coors Lite 1/4 keg $ 49.99
      Miller Lite 1/4 keg $49.99
      Bud Lt/Bud 1/4 keg $49.99
      Yuengling 1/4 Keg $49.99
      Blue Moon 1/6 keg $ 60.99
      Sam Adams Boston Lager/ Summer Ale /Cherry Wheat 1/4 keg $ 71.99
      Sam Adams Boston Lager /summer ALe 1/6 Keg $ 57.99
      Clipper City Gold Ale/Pale Ale/Classic Lager 1/4 Keg $ 63.99
      Clipper City Loose cannon 1/6 Keg $ 74.99
      Lionshead Pilsner 1/6 keg $ 41.99
      Bud Lt Golden Wheat 1/4 keg $ 42.99
      Dogfish Head Pale Ale 1/6 keg $ 84.99
      Flying Dog 1/6 keg $91.99
      KONA LONGBOARD LAGER 1/6 LOG $ 63.99
      Landshark 1/6 keg $ 42.99
      Michelob Beers 1/6 keg $ 35.99
      Shock top 1/6 keg $ 41.99
      Sierra Nevada pale ale or summer fest 1/6 keg $ 63.99

Comment

Originally posted by Modman View Post
        Most of these have to be ordered, but usually 1 day turn around.

Kegs in 1/4 or 1/6 that are available right now

Coors Lite 1/4 keg $ 49.99
        Miller Lite 1/4 keg $49.99
        Bud Lt/Bud 1/4 keg $49.99
        Yuengling 1/4 Keg $49.99
        Blue Moon 1/6 keg $ 60.99
        Sam Adams Boston Lager/ Summer Ale /Cherry Wheat 1/4 keg $ 71.99
        Sam Adams Boston Lager /summer ALe 1/6 Keg $ 57.99
        Clipper City Gold Ale/Pale Ale/Classic Lager 1/4 Keg $ 63.99
        Clipper City Loose cannon 1/6 Keg $ 74.99
        Lionshead Pilsner 1/6 keg $ 41.99
        Bud Lt Golden Wheat 1/4 keg $ 42.99
        Dogfish Head Pale Ale 1/6 keg $ 84.99
        Flying Dog 1/6 keg $91.99
        KONA LONGBOARD LAGER 1/6 LOG $ 63.99
        Landshark 1/6 keg $ 42.99
        Michelob Beers 1/6 keg $ 35.99
        Shock top 1/6 keg $ 41.99
        Sierra Nevada pale ale or summer fest 1/6 keg $ 63.99
        Nice prices!! Everything seems to be about $3-10 cheaper than what I've got available locally, not to mention Im diggn' the 1/4 of Sam Adams for $71.99.... I'm paying $62.99 for a 1/6, a 1/4 at that price would save me like $20 (about $.25 a beer) It's only about an hour from me, could make for a good road trip? I wonder what the rest of their prices are like.. Were all the 1/4 kegs you listed above available in slims? I find MD to be superior to the VA beer market, lately I keep hearing more and more about the good prices and availability up there.
        Currently on tap: Another schweet 1/2 of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale

Fond Memories: 1/2 Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA, 1/2 Dogfish Head Punkin Ale, 1/2 Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, 1/2 Sierra Nevada Summerfest, 1/4 Yuengling (2), 1/6 Sam Adams Summer Ale, 1/6 Bud American Ale, 1/6 Shock Top, 1/6 Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale

"To alcohol: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer Simpson

Comment

I just finised a SAM Adams REg here in FL I see Yuengling slim and miller lite down here also 1/4 is great in my Keg reif... room for HOG for easster

Comment

Shiner Bock comes in the slim 1/4 barrel size.
            On tap now: Homebrewed Nut Brown Ale, Oatmeal Stout, Altbier and Berry Blonde Ale.

My Kegerator with Photos

My Kegerator With Photos Update

Comment

I absolutely love this thing. I have mine in my garage which I know is not the ideal location to store this unit. It is right beside my beer fridge. Purchasing was easy, the set up was slightly difficult but not too bad. I made a call to customer service and they got me on track. This dual handle is basically the single with a different tower. All of the holes are drilled for the single tower and not the dual. I upgrade my regulator and sort of wish I had upgraded even further to the one where you can regulate each kegs pressure. I have found out that kegs are a science. You WILL get foam. There variables between the temperature of the beer, CO2 pressure and temp of the glass are huge. The good news is you get to drink your experiments/mistakes. The bad news is with two 1/6 barrels you don't have as much beer to play with. I bought an upgraded cleaning kit for mine too and would recommend that as well. I clean every keg or about once a month. I am finding that beer doesn't stay in a 1/6 barrel for very long which I find to be a good thing. Trying different beers is why I went with this. I am flirting with trying to put a 1/4 and a 1/6 in at the same time. It looks like I have just enough room. That would be awesome if I could do it. My house is now the party spot because of this thing. If you look at it, it will pay for itself after time depending on how much beer you drink. The only downside is the spill tray. It is a bit too narrow for two handles. Good luck with your purchase.
              Thanks
              oostende hotels near train station
              Last edited by gillianreynolds; 05-30-2011, 03:57 AM.

Comment

I just picked up a 1/4 slim barrel of Abita Amber last night. Going to tap it tonight.
                On tap now: Homebrewed Nut Brown Ale, Oatmeal Stout, Altbier and Berry Blonde Ale.

My Kegerator with Photos

My Kegerator With Photos Update

Comment

I wasn't happy when I found out that Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale was only available in 1/4 and 1/2 barrels. I want to keep 2 beers on tap and neither of those would work...that is until yesterday when I walked in to a store in Lexington, KY that stocks their kegs. What do you know the 1/4's are slim quarters. So now I know what I will be ordering next.

Comment

If your from the Pocono Mountain Region try Stegmier 150, sixtel, Stegmier Summer Wheat, sixtel. They also brew Pocono Lager, sixtel, similar to Yuengling Lager. These are all brewed in Wilkes-Barre PA by Lion Brewery

Comment

Working...
                    X