No announcement yet.

Sixth Barrel & Slim Quarter Availability List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in the St. Louis area, and the liquor store by my house said they could get Goose Island Honkers Ale or IPA in 1/6 kegs.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Pilsner Urquell is availible in slim 1/4!!!!

1/6:

Hoegarten
      alagash
      delirium

this should be availible in most areas

Comment

Now you see it, now you don't!

Until recently ALL Michelobs were available in sixtels in the NY/NJ metro area. I just tried to order a 1/6 of Michelob and learned 1/2s or 1/4s(pony) ONLY All I can rationalize is that AB is trying to get maximum usage from their remaining stock of pony 1/4s. I also guess it's by a region/brewery criteria as to what's available, in what format, where. I have nothing personal against those cute little pony kegs, but they are much harder to keep iced than the slim 1/4s or the 1/6s. I'll just have to wait this out

Comment

Thanks for the couple of pointers to The Beer Yard. I live in Atlanta, but will be using that site as a reference when I talk to my regular store about special ordering kegs.

There's another store in PA that carries a pretty large selection of sixtels, Exton Beverage Center, whose site I've been using up until now to see what else was available in small kegs. It's only about 13 miles from The Beer Yard, though. What's the deal with all these good stores in PA??

Comment

Originally posted by sudsy View Post
            Originally posted by beerdrinker13 View Post
            After doing some more research on the woodchuck kegs, I found a place called Sam's Wine and Spirts(Buy Wine, Spirits, Beer and Gifts at Sam's Wines and Spirits) They sell the kegs of wood chuck in the amber draft and the dark and dry 802 draft. It looks like they only come in the 1/2 barrel kegs, and the amber costs around $150 and the 802 around $200. They are located in IL, and it looks like they have pick up and delivery. Luckly for me I live in South Bend, Indiana which isn't too far from Chicago where they have a few locations! Can't wait to go and pick up a keg of woodchuck!
            Maybe you and madcrazy should split the cost and the beer by doing a closed transfer to an empty 1/4 bbl. Or find another fan and split it into two 1/6 bbls. Just a thought should a 1/2bbl be more than you can drink in a reasonable time frame
            I just wanted to mention that Woodchuck -- Amber and Pear -- is listed on the web site of one of our local stores as being available in sixtel kegs, as a special order item, $60 each.

Comment

Anybody know where I can get a slim 1/4 of Yuengling in Memphis TN?
              Does AB offer Bud Light or Bud Select in either a slim 1/4 OR a 1/6th barrel?
              Thanks!

Comment

More Slim 1/4's for the list

Here are some other slim quarters that I've either purchased or have seen available for purchase in my distributor's cooler in Western PA:

Augustiner
                Iron City
                I.C. Light
                Straub
                Yuengling Black & Tan
                Yuengling Lager
                Yeungling Porter

I've seen or purchased many different sixtels, seems they are available for the majority of beers, the slim quarter remains the ellusive beast.

Comment

Philly Area Info

I go to BOUND BEVERAGES in Bensalem (just off the Woodhaven Road exit of I-95) and they have a massive list just inside the door of all the 1/4 and 1/6 they have/can get. I also talked to one of the guys there and asked if he liked "challenge" requests. So I'll be challenging him to get me some Dry Blackthorn Cider at some point. Once we get the kegerator working (still getting it set up), we'll probably be ordering Lord Chesterfield 1/4s as a "daily" beer.

Another you might try is Kunda Beverage (Kunda Beverage). A friend of mine runs a small club and goes to them for her specialty imports.

One way to find out if something is available in your area is to go to the website and ask the importer/brewer. Being in the Philly region I'm blessed with being in the Troegs delivery area as well as being able to get Yuengling.

Comment

New Orleans area, get my kegs from Elio's uptown. Abita products available in slim 1/4s and Heiner Brau products available in sixtels, both local breweries...

Comment

Here in Lakewood (NE OH, and 3 mi. from Great Lakes Brewing Co.), Simone's Beverage has an awesome selection of Sixtels, some on-hand, but mostly pre-order and seasonal. In OH, anything bigger than a sixtel has to go thru a distributor, or thru a buddy that just so happens to own a bar!

Here's a link to Simone's: Simone's Beverage

Long time lurker, new True TDD-4 owner!

You guys rock!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the link!

Originally posted by fraun3 View Post
                        Here in Lakewood (NE OH, and 3 mi. from Great Lakes Brewing Co.), Simone's Beverage has an awesome selection of Sixtels, some on-hand, but mostly pre-order and seasonal. In OH, anything bigger than a sixtel has to go thru a distributor, or thru a buddy that just so happens to own a bar!

Here's a link to Simone's: Simone's Beverage

Long time lurker, new True TDD-4 owner!

You guys rock!!!!
                        Great post fraun3! That's the biggest list of sixtels I've ever seen. All I can add is that the slim quarter listings seems to be limited to Yuengling and Miller products on the domestic side. Thanks again

Comment

I just found out my local distributor in Savannah, GA carrys 1/6 barrels of Sam Adams White Ale. I figure this availability is starting to spread because they didn't have this size a few weeks ago.

Comment

see my signature for what I have bought at my local beer distributor in duncannon, pa.

they have others in 1/6 and 1/4 but i cant remember them now.
                            hey, what happened to my original signature?

Comment

Sioux City IA area

Cant find a Sixth Barrel anywhere. Most stores I called didn't know what a Sixth Barrel was, one liquor store didn't even know what a co2 tank was (also on my search). Unfortunately I cant fit any other sizes in my fridge. At this point I would drink anything in a 1/6th barrel. Can any one help?

Comment

search for liquor/beer stores in your area that carry a nice selection of craft beer. And then ask the store manager/owner to contact their distributor to find out what they can get in 1/6 barrels. Most stores I called the first time around had never heard of a 1/6 barrel, either. But when I asked them to contact their distributor(s), they called me back with a list of 1/6 barrels that I could get.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Working...
                                X