No announcement yet.

Sixth Barrel & Slim Quarter Availability List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AB, Miller have slim 30s in select markets and Coors is probably right behind them. Othe craft brews and imports are utilizing this keg size as well. Has the advantage of the sixtel but with more volume (tall quarter bbl).
    Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

I was told by a distributer in south west PA that Yuengling would not sell the slim 1/4 kegs to the public anymore due to people not returning the kegs back to Yuengling. He said that only businesses were getting the small kegs. Thats a real bummer because the Yuengling 1/4 keg is one of the main reasons I purchased my kegerator.

Comment

I just bought a slim 1/3 of Ying Lager last week and I know that the distributor just got it in a day or two before. Deposit was $30.

Comment

Originally posted by kone View Post
          I just bought a slim 1/3 of Ying Lager last week and I know that the distributor just got it in a day or two before. Deposit was $30.
          I meant to say slim 1/4...sorry.

Comment

I can only fit 1/4s and 1/6ths. I have had many 1/4 yunglings, have one right now. Also Jacks pumpkin spice ale, killians, few others

Comment

sixtels and slim quarters

Greetings to all.... Here in west central Illinois on my route, i have seen alot more sixtels than slim quarters.Sixtels:A-B;all Michs, Bud select, A-B seasonals;Beach Bum, Pumpkin Spice Ale,and local microbrew Elmwood. Coors line;Blue Moon, Killians. Sammy Adams; all varieties, mainly Boston Lager and Octoberfest.Goose Island;312, and all seasonals. Leinenkugels; all varieties, seen my first slim quarter last week on Leinies Apple Spice(Tasty!). This has just started up approx. 2-21/2 years ago. I guess the speciality beer lines is on the move here in Forgottonia! Cya................Brianatkcdraft

Comment

...as a follow-up to the Clipper City sixtels availability.....they're now much more difficult to get, in the Baltimore area.

I was going through them too quickly anyhow, so I've raised the white flag and started buying 1/2 kegs!

Hail to the Redskins!

Comment

Thank You!

Originally posted by Brianatkcdraft View Post
                  Greetings to all.... Here in west central Illinois on my route, i have seen alot more sixtels than slim quarters.Sixtels:A-B;all Michs, Bud select, A-B seasonals;Beach Bum, Pumpkin Spice Ale,and local microbrew Elmwood. Coors line;Blue Moon, Killians. Sammy Adams; all varieties, mainly Boston Lager and Octoberfest.Goose Island;312, and all seasonals. Leinenkugels; all varieties, seen my first slim quarter last week on Leinies Apple Spice(Tasty!). This has just started up approx. 2-21/2 years ago. I guess the speciality beer lines is on the move here in Forgottonia! Cya................Brianatkcdraft
                  Brian:
                  That was a very informative post! Thank you for the effort. I believe there are many of us out there with kegerators that would enjoy having more than one product on-tap. Sixtels allow that to become reality.

Comment

Sixtels and slims

Greetings to all............Always glad to help out , Its folks like you out there that make my profession enjoyable!!! Its nice to show people that not all of us here have hayseed in our hair, and a rusty Camaro on cinder blocks in the front yard!Thanks for the comment,Brian at K.C.Draft Line Service

Comment

In the Baltimore area, I picked up a keg of Sierra Nevada Pale ale last night, and a rep from Troegs brewery was giving out samples. (Great stuff, especially the Hopback Amber & Dead Reckoning Porter). I get my kegs from Christos in Ferndale, MD.

Anyway, he told me that The following offerings, are available in sixtels.

Hopback Amber Ale
                      Troeganator Double Bock
                      DreamWeaver Wheat
                      Rugged Trail (nut brown ale)
                      Troegs Pale Ale
                      Nugget Nectar, (seasonal available in Spring)
                      Sunshine Pils (another seasonal)

Hope this helps!
                      Hail to the Redskins!

Comment

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of where to get slim/pony kegs in the south jersey/philadelphia area.

Comment

Hey Fox!

Originally posted by Fox5 View Post
                          Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of where to get slim/pony kegs in the south jersey/philadelphia area.
                          Slim Pony Kegs is somewhat a missnomer. Pony kegs are 1/4 bbls of the short stubby type. There are slim 1/4s that are the same height as 1/2 bbls but with a much slimmer waistline or footprint(11" vs 16") in your kegerator. They are also easier to ice down in a trash pail! Whatever, I know that Yuengling Lager is available in slim 1/4s throughout most of your state. I believe that Miller Light is distributed in the slim 1/4 format throughout the northeast. That gives you a choice of two good products to help spread the party cheer! I hope this helps and maybe someone could add to the list. Don't rule out sixtels(1/6th bbl) there is much more available in that format. Thanks for posting!

Comment

new addition

greetings to all...............was on my route yesterday, and seen a new seasonal in my area. Being distributed by A-B,Winters Bourbon Cask Ale. Available in sixtels or bottles. Smooth tasting, nice flavor, just HAD to try a pint after servicing customer. (Must maintain quality control standards!). A pretty decent effort from A-B. cya..............brianatkcdraft.

Comment

Here in Fort Collins, Co (Most famous for Fat Tire) you can get slim 1/4 for beer from O'Dells brewery. Right now I have a slim 1/4 of Easy Street (a American hefa) in my Kegerator.

Comment

Anyone of a Sixth barrel type winter beer? Looking for something to enjoy during the winter months

Comment

Working...
                                X