Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help the rookie- Did I ruin my beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help the rookie- Did I ruin my beer?

Hey everybody,

When it comes to beer I am a rookie so please be nice. I haven't bought a keg in years. I bought a 50L keg for my birthday which doesn't start for about 24 hours. Out of excitement, upon getting home, I tapped my keg to pour myself one of those initial foamy glasses of beer (Just a manual pump). I DID NOT pump the manual pump at all as the keg is already pressurized but I did open the valve and pour myself and my wife a glass. I then realized the party isn't until tomorrow after finishing my glass (about 10-15 minutes). I immediately un-tapped the keg.

My question is, even though I didn't pump yet, by pouring those two glasses did I ruin my beer for tomorrows party? Should I be seeking a last-minute replacement keg if possible or will it not be completely flat.

Thanks in advance for any answers,

Mark

First off, welcome to the forum...

You should be fine as long as you keep the keg good & cold. Enjoy your birthday...

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
    X