Used Jockey Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Jockey Box

Hi all. what is the going rate for a used second hand jockey box? I've been scratching around online trying to pin down an average price for one but have found that the prices are all over the place. What would others recommend as a bench mark price for a used example in fair condition? I've been transferring my beer back into the empty water bottles that I has used to make the brew (rudimentary, I know) but have decided that it is a lot of effort to go to brew a batch only to stack it up in plastic bottles in my fridge. I want the user experience and convenience that a jockey box would provide. But as I only brew a batch every few months at this stage, I really don't want to go the expense of buying a brand new one? Could anybody advise on this? Apologies if I am little off-topic.
    Last edited by Patterson; 11-01-2016, 02:41 AM.

Does it have coils or a cold plate? Hard to say how much one would be worth used, depends on the condition

Are the shanks in good condition? have the lines been split anywhere? Are the faucets in good shape? Are both handles in tact? (most have them, and ive seen a lot missing one)
    Is the lid still attached or broke off?
    Dooes it come with couplers or no? if not another expense to think about
    And make sure there are no cracks anywhere

Comment

Thanks mate. That really helps. All things I wouldn't have considered due to no prior experience.

Comment

Are you planning to use this to serve for extended periods? Jockey boxes are really meant for quick events - a keg being on for a day or two.
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
        X