Taking a keg tailgating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a keg tailgating

Hello all, I'm new to the forum, hoping to aquire some knowledge, I'm going tailgating thus weekend and wI'll be taking a keg of Miller Lite. It will be in my homemade portable kegerator. I want to make sure I take all precautions to ensure I don't have any issues. My homemade portable kegerator is a big aluminum ice chest, beer will be on ice from the time it's picked up today.my beer line is 3/16 dia, and 8' long My questions are. How long to wait before tapping? And what's the best regulator setting? I'll be driving for approx 1.5 hours.
    Thanks in advance

I would't overthink this. That being said if it was me, and with the beer on ice and served with CO2 you aren't going to spoil anything. I'd wager the only issue you would have is foam from over pressurizing it and if you just guesstimate the temp at 38 and set the regulator around 12 your 8' line should be forgiving enough. If this is the first time you've taken your portable kegerator out, this should give you a benchmark for further excursions.

Enjoy your tailgating.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

No danger of ruining the flavor since it didn't have any to start with.
      What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Originally posted by djc View Post
        No danger of ruining the flavor since it didn't have any to start with.

LOL my boss loves his miller lite, rarely drinks anything else (I work for a miller/coors distributor and hes been there for over 25 years) and we always raz him about it hehe

To the op as long as its cold you should be good to go

Comment

Working...
        X