buying a new kegerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying a new kegerator

Help - looking to buy a new kegerator and was wondering about brands. From what I have read on this site, certainly avoid Avanti. Was wondering what, if any, is the major advatange/disadvantage to Haier vs. Sanyo vs. Danby? Thanks so much.

I have a Danby and it leaves a lot to be desired. However with a little TLC, some wire and an afternoon mine cools as well as almost any of the higher priced brands I'd venture. Of course one shouldn't expect to have to do any work to anything they buy new. Were I to do it all over again, I'd build one with one of the Micromatic kits.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Ditto. I also have a Danby and have had to jack with it to get it to work right and I still get foam sometimes. In fact, I'd like to pick psychodad's brain some more on what he's done.

Comment

I'd spend the thousand on the Bev-Air or convert an old fridge. In the end you will save on the beer that you are wasting (or I should say not wasting).

Good Luck!
        Ed
        Blue Line Draft Systems
        www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

Ditto to Ed's post, Bev Air is well worth it, or conversion till you could afford the Bev Air!

Comment

try a frigidaire

i recomend either a frigidaire or a kenmore. I run the frigidaire with zero problems. my little sis runs the kenmore again with zero problems.

Frigidaire Products - FRTB7B4EM

either way its a world of fun

good luck

"best head in town"
            cabogolf
            "best head in town"

Comment

kenmore

I got a Kenmore last summer, it works just great! No problems at all.
              Scott
              slp45

Comment

I bought a Danby a couple of years ago and thought it was a defect so I took it back and got another. Same problems (not low enough temp., etc.). Went and got a Haier and really have liked it. Some people say that you aren't able to get the temp low enough with the Haier but I found a posting with a self fix it to lower the temp.
                Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                X