******* Faucet (or other?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ******* Faucet (or other?)

Hi all - Was looking at the ******* faucet online and I see that it looks very nice (kind of like the faucets they have at the bars in germany) with the long nose, and it has rave reviews. What are the benefits of a ******* versus the standard issue faucet? Are there other brands that are good too?

Thanks

LOL, can i not say a brand name on here?

Comment

You can't because it is a competitor to MM's business of selling faucets. Need to be respectful of the hosts. That said, it is impossible to see what you were looking at. Did the brand name start with P? You have been fighting foam issues, if you are considering a forward closing faucet, it will flow faster and aggravate the foam situation and you would need to compensate with longer lines.
      What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

There are lots of threads on the p faucet if you want to search. It used to be a word that was fine to use around here but it occasionally resulted in some heated discussions between users and MM staff.

The difference between them is the MM Faucet is a forward closing faucet, so a little bit of beer remains in the faucet body. The P faucet seals at the back of the facuet body near the shank so the oz of beer first to be poured is less likely to warm up and cause a foamy pour. The fact is, they both warm up - after extended use I always drop the first second of a pour into a second glass.

The long and the short, it's a different design and some people have good success and others have bad results. I run an MM faucet AND a P Faucet. I personally notice no difference between performance whatsoever. If I did it again I would buy the standard MM Faucet and save on the cost.

Comment

Does your MM ever sit long enough to stick? Mine used to, forward closers solved that for me.
          What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Very rarely. Mine will stick, but not nearly the levels other users report.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketch View Post
              There are lots of threads on the p faucet if you want to search. It used to be a word that was fine to use around here but it occasionally resulted in some heated discussions between users and MM staff.

The difference between them is the MM Faucet is a forward closing faucet, so a little bit of beer remains in the faucet body. The P faucet seals at the back of the facuet body near the shank so the oz of beer first to be poured is less likely to warm up and cause a foamy pour. The fact is, they both warm up - after extended use I always drop the first second of a pour into a second glass.

The long and the short, it's a different design and some people have good success and others have bad results. I run an MM faucet AND a P Faucet. I personally notice no difference between performance whatsoever. If I did it again I would buy the standard MM Faucet and save on the cost.
              Good to know. I'll save on the 50% premium, but I have to admit it looks nice

Comment

Originally posted by djc View Post
                You can't because it is a competitor to MM's business of selling faucets. Need to be respectful of the hosts. That said, it is impossible to see what you were looking at. Did the brand name start with P? You have been fighting foam issues, if you are considering a forward closing faucet, it will flow faster and aggravate the foam situation and you would need to compensate with longer lines.
                Understood and it is the P brand. I have foam issues with this keg, never have before, and hope to not have again once I get the Stella in this weekend. I was browsing and was just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by djc View Post
                  Does your MM ever sit long enough to stick? Mine used to, forward closers solved that for me.
                  Mine may stick a bit if I havent used it for a while, but when does that ever happen?

Comment

Check out the Micro Matic 304 faucet. It is a rear seating faucet versus the Pearl which is forward seating but has had seal issues (feedback from numerous beer wholesalers across the country).

The 304 is just that - 100% 304 stainless contact surface with internal components that fit a normal rear seating faucet.

If you find that a faucet sticks due to inactivity, do not force open but pour warm water over the faucet to release the "beer glue" freeing up the shaft thus lever.
                    Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Zuhse View Post
                      Check out the Micro Matic 304 faucet. It is a rear seating faucet versus the Pearl which is forward seating but has had seal issues (feedback from numerous beer wholesalers across the country).

The 304 is just that - 100% 304 stainless contact surface with internal components that fit a normal rear seating faucet.

If you find that a faucet sticks due to inactivity, do not force open but pour warm water over the faucet to release the "beer glue" freeing up the shaft thus lever.
                      That is a good looking faucet!

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Working...
                      X