Mounting Regulator on back wall of BM23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting Regulator on back wall of BM23

I have an older Superior BM23 kegerator, wood grain wrap model. I would like to mount my two product regulator on the interior back wall of the unit. I am only doing this because the regulator will not fit under the ledge of the fan box when connected to the CO2 tank that is sitting on the back hump. My question is can I screw into the interior back wall to mount my regulator? It appears that all the lines run under a narrow panel on the back right side of the unit. Also there is a drain tube that runs down the center that I would want to avoid. Has anyone done this before?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum,
    What you have is a very old Beverage Air BM23. Superior is a restaurant supply company that throws their name on what they sell.
    You are correct in that the refrigeration lines run up that channel in back, stay away from that. You are also correct in that the drain line runs down the center of the back wall.
    Keep away from those two spots & you should have no problem.

​THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Thanks for the assistance. Would you gather a guess on just how that unit is?

Comment

Rather, how old that unit is. I just purchased off CL. Other than little rust on bottom side walls, it runs great!

Comment

Look inside for a red data plate. If it's still there, it should give you some information. I can't recall if the manufacture date is apparent, but it might give you some clues. Post a pic if you need help deciphering it.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Originally posted by badgerbrew View Post
            Rather, how old that unit is. I just purchased off CL. Other than little rust on bottom side walls, it runs great!
            Without knowing the serial #, which Cubby alluded to on the data plate, a rough guess would be the mid 80's. You can click on the link found on this page & it may tell you the age of your unit... Warranty Information

​THE ICEMAN
            Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 06-21-2013, 08:24 PM.
            My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
            "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
            -Dave Barry-
            "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
            Strong beer is the milk of the old."
            -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
            X