Adding draining tray to kegerator.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding draining tray to kegerator.

I've searched here and can't find an answer that makes sense to me. What parts exactly do I need to convert my drip tray into one that drains into a jug on the inside of the fridge? I have a Danby. I know I need to drill a hole in the bottom of my tray and in the top of my fridge and run a line but what parts do I need from here. Links would be greatly appreciated.

I'd not drill any holes in the top of the kegerator, only the plastic top. From there you could route it into the cabinet and then into a jug with a cap. Draining it anywhere outside the unit would smell like *** I would think.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

I'm really confused what you mean. If I don't drill a hole in the kegerator, how do I get the drain line inside the unit? It would just be drilling a hole like the one used to mount the tower and run the beer line and all you really have is a layer of plastic, insulation and then the inside plastic liner of the kegerator.

Comment

I meant I'd drill through the plastic top, route the line under it and into the hole already there for the tower. You'll see what I mean if you take the plastic top off. However that would limit you on how big the line could be, but I still think it would work.

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

Comment

I drilled a hole right through into the inside. It worked out just fine. I think it was a 1/2" bit or slightly larger one. all that is in the top that I have found was insulation.

Comment

Thanks Chad, that's what I was thinking. Psycho, I'm not sure how I could route it in through the beer tower because the beer tower is bolted down and the drain line would have to run UNDER the outside lip of the tower.

Comment

Originally posted by imahawki View Post
              the beer tower is bolted down and the drain line would have to run UNDER the outside lip of the tower.
              If you take those four bolts out of the tower, and then remove the two screws that hold the top on from the back, you can see what I was talking about. If you bought your Danby like I did, this is basically the reverse procedure you had to do to mount the tower and plasticy chromy looking rail thingy.

What Chad describes may be perfectly good and the better option, I was just throwing out ideas.

Comment

I'll take a look. There must be space between the layers of plastic or something...

Comment

I have a Danby645BLS. Can I do exacly what you did. Drill a hole from the top all the way down to the fridge?

Originally posted by chadschloss78 View Post
                  I drilled a hole right through into the inside. It worked out just fine. I think it was a 1/2" bit or slightly larger one. all that is in the top that I have found was insulation.

Comment

Working...
                  X