CO2 Regulator O Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 Regulator O Ring

I have one of the nicer add-on Micromatic regulators and an economy regulator that came with my Summit kegerator set up to run two kegs. Yesterday I was getting ready to hook up a new keg. I turned the CO2 off and when it was hooked up and turned back on I had a leak where the two regulators are joined together. After examining things I found that the o ring inside the coupling on the economy regular was partially pushed out of the groove. I could not get it to slide back in because it seemed to be too big. Where can I find a replacement? I looked on the site and didn't see any replacement O rings but may have been looking in the wrong area. Any idea how the O ring got pushed out with the two regulators connected?

cstreu1026,
    By what you posted before I think your Summit is a re-branded Haier. If it is a Haier regulator, then it is a Chinese regulator, MM US made parts won't fit regulator. If you want to replace the gasket/washer contact Summit or Haier. I had the same problem, previous owner had laid tons of Teflon tape over the gasket, it had compressed washer so much it didn't work right. The fiber washer from MM didn't work, so I had to look for a hard plastic washer that sealed both ends and was big enough to allow CO2 passage and small enough to fit in hex, not pretty but it worked. Simplest solution would be get a new MM regulator, MM parts can replace and should work fine for a long time.
    KB

Comment

It's not the standard CO2 regulator...I upgraded it at the time of purchase to a dual gauge regulator. Either way it's fixed. The o ring returned to its normal size and I was able to re-install it without a leak.

Comment

Working...
      X