BM23 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BM23 question

Want to add a gas manifold to my setup, and mount on the side wall of the BM23. Is there cooling tubes in the side walls or is everthing contained by the evaporator? Don't want to screw the manifold to the wall and punch a tube or something. Thinking of mounting the manifold on the left wall towards the top about 1/2 way front to back.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Chris

Chris,
    There usually isn't any refrigerant lines on side you might have some electrical, but don't think on the door side. Question why do you need a manifold, how many kegs do you want to run in a BM-23 and what kind of beer?
    KB

Comment

No lines to worry about in the sides, I do it all the time in the field.
      Colin Harrison
      Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

spdbump is correct, there are no refrigerant lines or electrical lines in the side walls of a BM23. All the lines run up a channel on the back of the unit.

THE ICEMAN
        My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
        "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
        -Dave Barry-
        "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
        Strong beer is the milk of the old."
        -Martin Luther-

Comment

Originally posted by KillianBoy View Post
          Chris,
          There usually isn't any refrigerant lines on side you might have some electrical, but don't think on the door side. Question why do you need a manifold, how many kegs do you want to run in a BM-23 and what kind of beer?
          KB
          Hi KB!

Just got in to the addicting world of home brew. I converted the BM23 to a 3", 3 faucet tower and am going to be running 2 Corny's and 1 Sixtel. I obtained a "add-on" regulator from MicroMatic so I have two regulators. I want to be able to take one of the regulators and split it in two for serving and leave the other to be able to carbonate the homebrews.

Chris

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone! Appreciate it!

Chris

Comment

Chris,
              I asked because if you carbonate the same way it might actually be basically the same v/v therefore you possibly could just use a "T" connector ($5.00) vs. manifold/panel assembly ($60.00+).
              I don't know, home brewers chime in and add your 2 cents, would a "T" be sufficient for 2 corny home brews? I think the "T" would work for 2 home brews.
              KB

Comment

Originally posted by KillianBoy View Post
                Chris,
                I asked because if you carbonate the same way it might actually be basically the same v/v therefore you possibly could just use a "T" connector ($5.00) vs. manifold/panel assembly ($60.00+).
                I don't know, home brewers chime in and add your 2 cents, would a "T" be sufficient for 2 corny home brews? I think the "T" would work for 2 home brews.
                KB
                Hi KB

I am just doing a gas manifold without regulators or guages. Basically coming off one regulator and using the manifold to split it in two. That way I get a shut off for each outlet. I thought about a "T", but this seems slicker. The remaining regulator would be used to force carb (20 psi) the incoming keg. Once carbed, I could back the C02 down to serve pressure and then have 3 on tap. Will be interesting...

Chris

Comment

Working...
                X