Dispensing Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispensing Water

I had an idea: Is it possible to dispense cold water from my kegerator? I often put a glass of water in the fridge because the water at my house does not get very cold and I got the idea.

My plan: Get a water cooler bottle, fill it with water, put it in the kegerator, and dispense the water with a pump of some sort.

I found this Single Inlet Bottled Water Dispensing System that looks like it would be perfect.

My question: Do I hook this straight up to a normal sink faucet that I can buy at any home improvement store? Could I hook it up to one of my beer faucets?

Thanks,
    - Mike

Originally posted by mikeem View Post
    I had an idea: Is it possible to dispense cold water from my kegerator? I often put a glass of water in the fridge because the water at my house does not get very cold and I got the idea.

My plan: Get a water cooler bottle, fill it with water, put it in the kegerator, and dispense the water with a pump of some sort.

I found this Single Inlet Bottled Water Dispensing System that looks like it would be perfect.

My question: Do I hook this straight up to a normal sink faucet that I can buy at any home improvement store? Could I hook it up to one of my beer faucets?

Thanks,
    - Mike

Really unflavored barley water? Do they make that?

Comment

pvs6,
      Be nice now, please
      mikeem,
      What pvs6 is trying to say is if one had room in a kegerator, one should use it for beer and not water. At the price of the pump you posted, you can get a really nice water dispenser that can do hot and room temperature water along with cold.
      Sure you can get a water tap, mount to kegerator, get pump and put a 5 gallon jug in kegerator, but why, a kegerator is a kegerator and water dispenser is a water dispenser, you shouldn't try and cross the two, but it's your kegerator, do what you want but my opinion is it's not worth it.
      KB

Comment

I have room in my kegerator because I almost always only have 2 1/6th barrel kegs at any one time. It is just me and my roommate that drink from it and it would be pointless to put more kegs in there because they would go bad before they were half gone... we are already barely finishing the 2.

The reason I got a bigger chestfreezer is because we throw parties sometimes and I wanted to be able to fit a 1/2 barrel in there for the party. However, this is not that often so it provides a perfect place for the water jug to go.

And for $115 you can get an OK water dispenser. Plus, I don't want a large water dispenser taking up a bunch of space. Plus, why use more electricity running a water dispenser AND a kegerator?

And my original question was not even mentioned. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeem View Post
          And my original question was not even mentioned. lol.
          I've never heard of anyone doing this before, so I strongly doubt anyone here can provide you with a true answer. If this is what you really want to do, you will just need to figure out what dispensing mechanisms work best for you, and then figure out how to put them all together. The only thing I have ever seen a flojet used for is to pump water from a 5 gallon water jug into reservoir - I have no clue how you would link that up to a faucet.

Comment

mikeem,
            Sketch is right it's unknown territory, if it were me I'd get a short 3 inch PVC, end cap (mount to collar or next to collar) and mount the filter water tap on it. If you go the beer faucet mount route, take pump and beer line to any home improvement store and they'll help you, but you are going from a small water inlet line (ice cube supply) to 3/16 beer line, if it works it will pour pretty slow. Have you thought about using a battery/AC water pump on top of the 5 gallon water jug? I'd be probably easier than the pump, you try and figure out a remote switch and might be able to hook up to beer tap with no problem.
            KB
            Last edited by KillianBoy; 08-11-2012, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X