Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PointPleasantNJBeerguy
    replied
    Try what DJC said with the hose. Just be careful don't force hose on to hard you will crack the plastic fitting..
    As far as the air hose if your talking about removing from the evaporator housing once you remove screw just slightly pinch and unscrew it.The reinforcement coils in the hose are acting like threads. Just be careful not to rip hose on the edges of the evap housing.
    And for the gasket. It is a dart design.It just peels out of the frame of the door.New gasket will need hair dryer to soften up to get it to fit flat.

Leave a comment:

• djc
    replied
    To stretch tubing if you put it in hot water it will usually soften up and move for you.

Leave a comment:

• Noodle
    replied
    Well I finally got the back cover pounded back out. Now it no longer interferes with the compressor fan.

I can't seem to disconnect the air hose though for the tower cooler after the removal of the screw that holds it in place. I also ordered a new door gasket for future use because I don't think the current will last. What is the best way to remove and install the new one.

I also unfortunately got a new bit of tubing for the drip tray, I measured the old tubing and got that inside diameter, didn't notice that the old tubing was stretched over the flange adaptor. Now I need to figure out how to stretch this small yet strong tubing or get another chunk with the proper ID for the flange adapter.

Leave a comment:

• PointPleasantNJBeerguy
    replied
    [QUOTE=Noodle;70103

2. What to use to hold the co2 tank since I don't have the spring most have for it.

[/QUOTE]

I forgot till today..If you still need it.Part # for the spring and hooks. Need two hooks
    BEVERAGE AIR SPRINGS .312 - 401-083ABB
    BEVERAGE AIR S-HOOKS BM - 401-084A--

Leave a comment:

• PointPleasantNJBeerguy
    replied
    To disconnect that fitting and replace you have to drop down the entire Evaporator housing...the inner piece threads threads into that outer piece thats cracked.Then its siliconed around the inner piece around the flange to seal.I wouldn't epoxy in place as is. Then you will have a hell of a time unscrewing when you replace.I would just deal with the slight dripping until new part is ordered.

Beverage Air 205-151A, Beverage Air Drain Flange Adaptor
    Beverage Air 205-150A, Beverage Air Drain Flange
    Last edited by PointPleasantNJBeerguy; 12-19-2014, 11:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Noodle
    replied
    Originally posted by PointPleasantNJBeerguy View Post
    Prob 50 different ways to clean the galv interior walls. I would recommend a 3M #96 pad or such and some 409 type cleaner .not sure of the spring part number right now from my phone.
    Insert material is some kind of fiberglass/cotton looking material. Also it's held in by some springs.
    From the looks the gasket on right is a co2 regulator nut nylon gasket. The other might be too. Just can't tell.
    I think i figured it out, I think the other one is from the beverage line connector. However my last issue is the connector for the evaporator drain is cracked as you can see in the picture.

I can't seem to get the hose disconnected to replace the flange at the moment and I don't have the part. Can I just use some epoxy or something to seal the crack?

You can see where it leaks water a bit down the tube then the wall of the unit. I just want to make sure I use something that will be ok and not damage the fitting anymore.

Evap fitting.jpg

Leave a comment:

• PointPleasantNJBeerguy
    replied
    Prob 50 different ways to clean the galv interior walls. I would recommend a 3M #96 pad or such and some 409 type cleaner .not sure of the spring part number right now from my phone.
    Insert material is some kind of fiberglass/cotton looking material. Also it's held in by some springs.
    From the looks the gasket on right is a co2 regulator nut nylon gasket. The other might be too. Just can't tell.

Leave a comment:

• Noodle
    replied
    Ok I think I have a good handle on this but last questions I think.

1. Best way to clean the galvanized steel interior of spots and such.

2. What to use to hold the co2 tank since I don't have the spring most have for it.

3. What was the insert material that was in the stock condensation tray underneath the unit someone mentioned before.

4. I bought a perlick faucet to replace the worn one with the unit and I don't think the washers /gaskets pictured were with it but they are too clean and I don't know what they go with.

Parts bought after were faucet, regulator, ss elbow shank, D coupler. Could these be from any of that?

20141213_170057.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Noodle
    replied
    Back cover is part # 28D30-106B-07
    This is for the black vinyl version. Also avail in S/S.
    Awesome. Thanks man.

Leave a comment:

• PointPleasantNJBeerguy
    replied
    Back cover is part # 28D30-106B-07
    This is for the black vinyl version. Also avail in S/S.
    BEVERAGE AIR COVER - UNIT HOUSING BM23 - 28D30-106B-07
    Last edited by PointPleasantNJBeerguy; 12-13-2014, 07:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Noodle
    replied
    If I recall correctly the whole compressor tray actually pulls out for service. Might be out of place and that is your issue? Might have some bolts underneath to loosen.
    No pull out tray but I think I'm going to take the cover to a friend's house and clamp it down and just try and pound it back.

Does anyone know the part number for that back plate in case this doesn't work?

Leave a comment:

• PointPleasantNJBeerguy
    replied
    If I recall correctly the whole compressor tray actually pulls out for service. Might be out of place and that is your issue? Might have some bolts underneath to loosen.

Leave a comment:

• Noodle
    replied
    20141210_170859.jpg

20141210_171413.jpg

2014121095171431.jpg

Not sure if you can see but there is a scratch on the left and that is where the fan blade was hitting, it also looks like on the bottom right is where the tube out of the compressor, the part that is shaped like a co2 canister was getting hot and touching the cover.

Just need to figure out the best way to bend it all back out. I tried by hand and the metal just pops back.

Leave a comment:

• Noodle
    replied
    Sure enough it looks like it was the back plate causing issues. Just got home from work and a little over 8 hours later and it's already at 37 degrees on 6.

I'm going to put a 5 gallon in there tonight and check again tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Noodle
    replied
    Icing would be in the evaporator coils inside the unit.Would have to hold a flash light up to fan shroud to see in there.
    I did check in there as well. Nothing. I think I may have found the problem though.

While I had the back off the condenser fan was spinning so I assumed everything was working fine. However I noticed the back cover is very very slightly bent inward when screwed back in and looks like it is preventing the fan from spinning.

I left the back off for a few minutes and the fan works normally. I'm going to have to try and bend that cover back out so it doesn't interfere with the fan. For now I'm just going to leave it off for a few days and see if I can hit temps.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X