Bm23 too cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bm23 too cold

Summer shandy is freezing. Keep turning thermostat down, on a setting of 5.5 now and getting second pour out of the blue moon at 32 degrees. Almost seems like the thermostat has went goofy and just running all the time. Letting shandy thaw out and turning it down even more, but the settings seem much much different than what was required a couple of weeks ago.

Any thoughts,

Greg

Greg,
    I'm no expert on BM-23's but while you wait for a response, can you look at the evaporator section, is where there are the cooling fins and describe what it looks like, if you can maybe post pictures of the interior (rear section, not the inside where keg sits).
    KB

Comment

thanks killian ill take a look tomorrow and post some pics. i ordered a replacement thermostat just in case. got the shandy thawed out, hoping i didn't screw it up, there went 70 bucks down the drain, had like one glass of it lol. darn stuff doens't have enough alcohol, freezes way before all the other stuff i like.

Comment

smithabusa,
        If you only had 1 glass beer should be fine, don't think it froze totally, maybe just separated, just try it and see.
        But you may have bigger problems then frozen beer, your unit has symptoms of low refrigerant, since you have a used unit the seals may have gone and let refrigerant out. If anything is frozen in rear then it may not be a thermostat problem.
        KB

Comment

Nothing on kegerator frozen, just the shandy lol. reset t stat to 4-4.5, and beer is 36 degrees this morning. Took a small taste of shandy and seems okay. Will check again tonight when I get home from work, thanks for the help

Comment

Well, I am an expert on BM-23s. The first thing to check is to make sure the condenser coil down by the compressor is clean. Where do you have the unit located - garage, kitchen, closet??? What I am getting at is the compressor may be working too hard to try to get to temperature. If the condenser is clogged with dust or the unit is in a hot garage or in a closed closet with no free air flow, the compressor is working too hard. Also, if the temp control is working properly & all else is working as it should, the f a c t o r y suggests a setting of about 4 to 5. Any higher & it could start freezing.

THE ICEMAN
            Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 06-12-2012, 07:58 AM.
            My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
            "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
            -Dave Barry-
            "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
            Strong beer is the milk of the old."
            -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
            X