Tap handle thread size???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tap handle thread size???

Are the faucet tap handle thread sizes standard? I purchased the magic chef (visani) MCKC490S keg cooker and replaced the standard black plastic handle with a proper one. The new handle didn't fit, it was too tight and only was able to screw 1-2 revolutions. Without wanting to strip the faucet threads I quickly removed it. Is this common? I assumed they were all the same size..... The New handle I have does not look as though the female threads are stripped in any way to the naked eye, but it's hard to be sure... I have no idea what size thread the faucet tap is.

No they are not the same size. The Visani is made in Italy as I recall, so is probably metric. I replaced the whole tower on mine so that I could use standard faucets and handles.
    2nd hand Danby 645
    Johnson A419 digital temp. Ctrl.
    Dual faucet tower
    MicroMatic premium Dual Primary CO2 Regulator outside with two co2 lines going in
    Minn-Kota water temperature gauge
    Tower fan cooler from ebay
    One tap has a 5' beer line, the other is 10'

1100' elevation

2nd hand Vissani
    Johnson analog temp. ctrl.
    replaced tower with 3" tower from the Danby
    MicroMatic premium Primary CO2 Regulator
    Minn-Kota water temperature gauge
    Tower fan cooler from ebay
    5' beer line

Comment

Tassenza,
      Think it's 10 x 1.5 MM, but as 08HDFXD says it's best to replace your faucet. If you still want to adapt, search forum, a company sells an adapter to convert metric to SAE, think someone sells similar on ebay, guys who unknowingly buy the Euro Guinness tap handle instead of the US. Did a quick check on ebay, they no longer sell the adapter just the above mentioned one, search google, someone sells an adapter for $10, I'd get a standard faucet, it sells for $15, can buy extra beer line at the same time and you'll be set.
      KB
      Last edited by KillianBoy; 01-14-2012, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Good advise... Thank you

Comment

I have a Vissani and also had problems with the off size threads. It seems that Magic Chef the maker of Vissani and other units frequently uses some cheap Asian components so not only will standard tap handles not fit but also a new faucet will not thread correctly onto the shank.
          I replaced my shank and faucet with MicroMatic stainless steel components as well as my coupler. The quality and the fit and finish of the components that came with my unit were really weak.
          "There's damsels in distress out there, and we got all this beer"
          -Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Well this explains my most current post... http://www.micromatic.com/forum/us-e...e-coupler.html

I will be doing some replacing today... Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X