Purchasing a new keg cooler advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing a new keg cooler advice

It looks like my 3.5 year old Danby Foam-O-Matic is dying; don't tell my wife, but I think that's a good thing! I can't change the temp and it appears to be running wild. At any rate, I'm probably in the market to get a new unit and I don't want to make another mistake like I did with the Danby. So far I've been looking at the Proline MDD23 and the Beverageair BM23. I'd like to get your opinions on these, or if you think I should keep looking. I'd like to keep in that price range if possible, but I will spend more if that's what it takes to get a reasonable quality unt.

I noticed that the BM23 doesn't have a knockout for outside storage of the CO2; is there a good reason to keep the tank inside with the keg? Also, can I scavenge the tapper and the regulator with gauges off my Danby?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

You would have no problem going with the BevAir. Keep in mind that it is a commercial design & might be a touch louder, not too bad though. The CO2 tank doesn't care where it is so it can be inside or out. If you decide to go outside just keep your hole low & stay away from that strip on the right side as you would look at it from the back.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
    X