This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Often Do You Really Clean?

About to blow my first 1/4 slim in my homemade kegerator. Using all Micromatic parts and lines. Have been very happy with quality and pours. No foaming or taste issues thus far.

Do you guys really clean everything after every 1/4 or can you go a few kegs, realistically, without breaking it all down for cleaning?

Bill

I clean once a week, but I suspect I could go 3 weeks. I have to manually defrost my unit so I use this time to let it defrost.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Bill,

I usually clean out my system after every keg, it keeps everything clean and at that point you could also do visual inspections to make sure all seals and washers are intact. Plus it only takes about 20 minutes to clean it out real well.

John

Comment

ummm I clean my unit every oops, my bad
        From the land of pleasant living, the Chesapeake bay
        and hot steamed crabs!

Comment

After every keg or once a month which ever comes first... so far it's been after every keg....
          Semper Fi,
          The Gunns

"Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin
          Im a MicroMatic Beer Fanatic! Are you?

Comment

drying cleaning lines

How do you guys dry your cleaning equipment. I let my cleaning lines hang but it seems to still have moisture in them. How do you get them to dry out?
            Scott
            slp45

Comment

Old thread hit by spam a couple times in last 24 hours. Closing Thread.

For the record, I clean after every keg, or about once a month.

Cheers!

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Working...
              X