How to make custom beer tap handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make custom beer tap handle

Anyone know how to make custom beer tap handles? I seen on ebay some guy selling some custome beer tap handles using the aluminum beer bottles from baseball games. I'd like to do that with some of my aluminum beer bottles I got from the ball games. Any suggestions?

The tap handle part that screws on to the faucet is called a 'ferrule'. Google "tap handle ferrule" and you can find plenty of on-line sources to buy them and other tap handle parts. You can buy the part and attach them to pretty much whatever your imagination cooks up.

I see ferrules with inserts (like to drill in and insert into a wood or other object) and ferrules with flat bases, that you could probably just secure with epoxy. For your aluminum bottle, I would probably just epoxy a ferrule onto the base of the bottle.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

good stuff! i found some on Ebay for $3.50 each (1") wth $2 for s/h so i will order a few and hope they come out solid LOL.

Comment

Just go to the local hardware store and get a 3/8" hex nut and epoxy to whatever you what to make into a handle. The threads out of your current tap handle are 3/8".
        On tap currently:

1/4 short of Bud Light
        1/6 of Amber Bock

History:
        (2) 1/4 Bud Light

Comment

3/8 diameter and 16 threads per inch (tpi) aka 3/8-16.

I keep this number in my brain because you can find all sorts of shifter handles or other gadgets that would work in this role.

Cheers,
          bruceski
          "There is no such thing as a beer!" - Herm Simpson
          Interpretation: Either you cannot drink just one, or beer is unitless, like water.

Comment

Working...
          X