Wine Pumps ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Pumps ?

I have my keg system working very well - me b a happy man.

I have multiple lines from my freezer to my tap. All are running the same product and the extra taps are just for show. I have however upgraded one of my taps to a stout faucet so when I am running foreign product I can draw and get the right kind of cream on the top.

I was thinking that I could use one of the other product lines and have a bag in the box wine on tap. I have noticed that in the Micromatic store there are wine and cider taps available.

When I looked at the wine pumps there did not appear to be a diagram on how to hook them up.
    I have a single canister of Beer Gas and I presume I would need a second regulator etc but I was not too sure how the pumps started / stopped etc.

Any suggestions.
    " ... I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is converting beer, wine, scotch, etc into urine...."

I am pretty sure that wine dispense using nitrogen rather than CO2, and that the temperature of a good glass of wine is close to 50 degrees instead of 38 or so.
    Alan in PA

Comment

Temperature aside

The MicroMatic pumps all say C02, Nitrogen or Air.
      Wine Gun Pump
      " ... I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is converting beer, wine, scotch, etc into urine...."

Comment

I think the co2/air for these drives the pump. The co2/air doesn't force out the liquid or come into contact with the liquid, so you're not going to end up with carbonated or oxidized wine when using co2 or air.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Originally posted by aspinallar View Post
          I am pretty sure that wine dispense using nitrogen rather than CO2, and that the temperature of a good glass of wine is close to 50 degrees instead of 38 or so.
          I like a good porter or barleywine at about 50 degrees.
          Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
          but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Back to my orginal question....

Anyone got a diagram showing how these things are hooked up ?

Comment

Gonna need a secondary regulator, how ever you are going to need to have the secondary run the beer, not the wine. The wine pump takes a higher pressure to run. Come off the secondary and run to the wine pump, One side is the in ( belive its the red one in the pic). Run wine from the tapping device to the pump (3/8 line) then from the out (wine line) to the shank.
              Colin Harrison
              Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

I am very new to the home brew/home kegerator field and I am getting ready to build my first kegerator.

I am also a huge fan of wine and really like the idea of wine kegs/pumps and I know that they are growing in popularity.

Before I purchase my beer kit, I wanted to know how many extra parts, (other than the tap), that I would need to purchase to convert a beer keg setup to a wine keg setup?

I know the gas mix is different, but what about the tubing and gas regulator? I just think it'd be cool to add a wine tap in the future but I'm curious if it's a completely separate set up.

Thanks for listening.
                -Jason
                Always brewed as cold as the Rockies

Comment

Several different factors with wine . You need to have 304 grade stainless steel parts !!!! Shank ( you can use the lexan plastic shanks no long stainless 304 grade availible yet ), Faucet, nipples, taping device probe ect. If they are not 304 stainless steel then the wine will begin to degrade the brass or 303 stainless and give you a taste issue. Also need to use "wine line" to avoid oxidation issues with the wine. Gas mix isnt an issue because with most wine keg set ups the gas is just used for propulsion and doesnt come in contact with the wine itself. Luclily all of these parts are availble through micros web site.
                  Colin Harrison
                  Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

Working...
                  X