Water collecting on floor of BM23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water collecting on floor of BM23

Almost from the start my BM23 has been dripping condensate from the upper part of the inside which collects on the rear shelf and floor, mostly as ice but in warm weather as plain water.

While there is a drip tray under the unit, I've never seen a single drop in there, suggesting that something is not quite plumbed right with whatever system is supposed to send the condensate out of the unit.

Is this something others have experienced? A known issue with these BevAir units? Is there a fix?

Thanks

Coming down from the rear center of the evaporator pan is the drain tube. It should come down to the condensing unit area (compressor) & drain into a pan.

If you are experiencing ice buildup on the evaporator pan or condensation that tells me the drain is clogged. Take the back cover off & find where the tube comes out where the tube ends. Take some compressed air & blow out the tube. Make sure it is not frozen at the evaporator at the time or the air pressure will do nothing. Be prepared for a bit of a mess inside as the air pressure blows out the line.

If that doesn't solve the problem see if you can post some pics of the problem.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

If its an older BM23 the evaporator pan might have some small pinholes from rust on it.I've also seen these pans not pitched right from BevAir right out of the box.
      What I got:
      Beverage Air #BM23
      with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
      -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
      -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
      -MM S/S Keg Couplers
      YouTube video of the goods

Comment

Its a pretty new (two years) unit. There is generally a water droplet falling from about midway between the side wall and where the drain outlet is on the evaporator box and so my best guess is that the pan itself is not pitched right and the water is collecting in the wrong place and leaking out rather than going down the drain.

Comment

Working...
        X