Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another DANBY Post

Hello all,

thanks to this forum i did the resistor mod almost three years ago, it has worked flawlessly since. No complaints. Within the last week, I've noticed that it is not cooling like it used too, (cup of water would freeze/slush in the kegerator) the temp range on the screen does fluctuate from 37-34 degrees, but the compressor seems to run for very short periods of time. The beer seems ok and pours ok, but is not as cold as it once was. I checked the connection on the resistor and that seems ok also. So my questions are:

1) Does the resistor need to be replaced?
    2) Is the temp sensor bad?
    3) Is the compressor fan not working properly?

I have a 1/4 and 1/6 barrel in the kegerator currently.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Originally posted by jbirdbuc View Post

1) Does the resistor need to be replaced?
    2) Is the temp sensor bad?
    3) Is the compressor fan not working properly?
    I'd venture the compressor is fine as you seem to be maintaining set temp. The problem is likely in the resistor installation. It seems like you just did the "poke it in there" install. 37k ohms is quite a bit of resistance. A bad connection is basically a lot more resistance. The higher the resistance in parallel with the sensor the warmer you will run.

As I've mentioned before, the resistor is a work around, not a fix. And doing the work around without making a proper electrical connection has the potential for what you are experiencing.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Working...
    X