Danby Kegerator...EE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danby Kegerator...EE

I just purchased a used Danby and I did some looking around and I see the EE is quite common. I have also seen plenty of different fixes for it. I plan on doing the 33K resistor mod today but would like to know what to do to get it working ASAP. When i take the sensor off and restart the unit (unplug and plug back in) the compressor kicks on and stays on. if the sensor is already plugged in. the compressor will kick on then turn off when the annoying sound starts. suggestions? Sensor? control panel?
    Thank you

EE probably means you have a problem with the wiring somewhere. The resistor mod is not a fix for an EE error. Often people get an EE error, when doing a resistor mod, because they have made a poor connection, or used a resistor with too much resistance. But the resistor mod itself will not fix the EE error by itself. Check all the wiring connections on the control board, make sure the temp sensor is plugged in securely, etc.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

I went ahead and checked all the wiring with a multimeter and couldn't find anything that stood out. I'm just going to go ahead and use a temperature controller and be done with it. Thanks

Comment

Had the same problem after a bad thunder storm. It was the display board. I had to remove the top of the keggerator and replace it with a new board.

Comment

Working...
        X