Coupler Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupler Issue

Hey guys, my roommates and I just bought a used kegerator (probably our first mistake) and noticed that the coupler handle was broken off. Today I went to the local beer supply store and bought a new micro matic D coupler. When I got home to use it, it seems like the beer line connector (not sure what it's called) doesn't match up with the threads on the new coupler. On the old broken one, it turns about 3 times and makes a tight fit. With the new micro matic coupler, it only turns once and when we tapped the keg, beer spewed everywhere -- obviously not a tight fit.

Are all threadings on all coupler's/the beer line connector supposed to be standard? If not, where can I get the connector that would screw tightly onto the new coupler? We are having people over tomorrow night and we need this thing to work!

Any response is appreciated!

Thanks.

Are you sure the washer is properly seated in the connection between coupler and beerline? Occasionally I place the washer in the connection and it gets jammed up when I tighten it - it will also prevent the seal from being tight.

If the threads are different - go back to where you bought it and they should sell the coupling nut and tailpiece that you can add to your beerline.

Beer Line Coupling Hex Nut

Beer Fitting - 3/16" 303 Stainless Tailpiece
    Last edited by Sketch; 05-20-2011, 05:59 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Working...
    X