Beverage Air bm23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverage Air bm23

Somone recently gave me a beverage air bm23 kegerator, if I had to guess it about 10- 12 years old. I rolled it home and turned it on and filled it and the first thing I noticed was that it wasnt getting real cold. I did some searching on the forum and found it was probably the thermostat. I installed a new one yesterday. I hooked the wires up to what I thought where the right terminal and it trip the breaker in my house. I switched the wires to the top terminals on the thermostat and the fridge cycled on for a few minutes then turned off.

It's still not getting real cold in the fridge...if I had to guess 45 degrees. I would think on the highest setting it would be freezing or close to it.

Did I blow out the new thermostat? or is there another problem?

Oh and the fan inside is not working either. There is a switch on the back of the fridge that is in the off position. When I turn this switch on it provides power to the fan but the fan doesnt work. Should this fan be working inside?

Comment

Yes the fan should run full time in the on position. The thermostat is likely good. Check the door seal for gaps. You said it runs a few minutes and shuts off, a few as in 2 or 3 mins? If so you might suspect the compressor's overheat shutoff switch as a cause. Do you know why they just gave it away?

Comment

I have no idea why they got rid of it....The door seal proabably needs to be replaced...I just ordered it. Should the interior fan work all the time or only when fridge/compressor is working? It doesnt work at all. Wondering if that is why, because of lack of circulation.

Comment

Yes, the evaporator fan should run all the time. The reason the compressor only runs for a short time is because the fan is not running & is not putting any heat load on the evaporator. In other words, the evaporator gets very cold very quickly & the temp control is sensing that. If you are sure the fan motor is getting power & it does not run, then you need to replace the fan motor.

THE ICEMAN
          My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
          "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
          -Dave Barry-
          "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
          Strong beer is the milk of the old."
          -Martin Luther-

Comment

Grainger carries a motor perfect fit... And comes with different fan blades... 4m247 is the part number... I have an old bev air myself and I had to replace the evap motor... I also need to replace the seal but have not done so... I keep mine shut with a belt. Surprised
            that I can not find any leaks

Comment

Working...
            X