question for bm23 owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for bm23 owners

I have my bm23 set up, There seems to be a hose or line that runs across the back of the inside of the unit - it is very thin and secured to the back top of the unit ending above the co2 tank area (where the spring is. It is dripping water out of it onto the co2 tank on the inside of the unit - is this normal operation?

should that hose be connected to something?

thanks for your help!
    Bob

It sounds like you are describing the tube that the temp control sensor is in. If that is the case then it is probably just condensation. Not sure what you could do other than seal the ends with silicone. A picture would help.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

There is a drain hose that connects to the bottom of the evaporator cover inside the unit and exits out the bottom into a drip pan attached to the unit below. But....what I think that may be is a "tube" to slide the thermostat sending wire (a/k/a "capillary tube"). You run the "wire" from your temperature controller through it.
      "One more night like this will put me six feet under"
      Gram Parsons

Comment

If you have a lot of condensation dripping into the interior of the unit....that is not necessarily a good thing in that it is supposed to drain out of the large hose going through the back of the box. Check for freezing and/or an obstruction.
        "One more night like this will put me six feet under"
        Gram Parsons

Comment

I think i made a mistake - it may not be dripping - the tube I was talking about is the capillary tube that you describe. I think what happened is I sprayed the co2 bottle/regulator down with soapy water to make sure I didnt have any leaks and in my haste, I dont think I wiped it off prior to putting it back in. I'll keep you posted but I dont think it is actually dripping anywhere. I will look in the am to see what is going on. I turned the temp down a little bit as it was just above freezing. I'm still trying to get the temp perfect, its about 35 degrees on the second pour - so I think its a little to cold yet too.

thanks for your help and I'll let you know what happens!
          Bob

Comment

Working...
          X