Beer in line seems flat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer in line seems flat?

I am just getting my long draw home system up and running.... at first things where flowing fine... nice head, good carbonation, ect. Now it seems that if I let the line inactive for even an hour the beer has no carbonation. I can tell you that I am pushing my beer through a 1/4" silicon tubing, the system has an 8' rise, the 20' beer line is completely refrigerated to the tap head and I am pushing 25 psi through the line. (i have tried numerous dif psi's) The beer on tap is Yeungling lager. I have read all the post on balancing the system but have had limited success. I originally thought that maybe I was over carbonating? Anyone have any thoughts? -Jason

Over carbonating is my guess. do you need a 20' beer line? that is a lot of PSI pushing on the beer

you need nitro if you anre going that long
    Last edited by Living_Legend; 12-15-2010, 11:25 AM.
    My Home Bar: Baier's Taphouse

Kegs to Date: (11)Yuengling (8)Coors Light (6)Bud Light (5)Blue Moon (4)Natural Light (3)Sam Adams Oktoberfest (2)Misfit Red (2)National Bohemian (1)Miller Lite (1)Fat Tire Amber Ale

Comment

the tap head is about 15' from the fridge..... so from what I read i thought a longer line was needed..... 5' of the line is housed in the fridge. If i push the co2 back down how long till I should see a change? and what PSI should I try? -jason

Comment

Working...
      X