BM23 Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BM23 Troubleshooting

I'm new to the kegerator world but so far I love it. I picked up a used BM23 and put a new thermostat in her. My problem is if I put a few cups of water in with a thermometer the temp just barely gets down to 38-40* on 9 setting. I still get a bit of foam even at that temp. My question is this - shouldn't I be able to get that temp at like a 5 setting? I bought a new gasket and figured I'd try that even though the one currently on it seams okay. If anyone has any ideas as to what else to try please let me know.

THANKS!

You need to know the temp of the beer. It might be 50 degrees, or 32.
    SEAN
    I cool my tower with Beer.
    http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...-cid-2297.html

Comment

Having the same issue...even the new temperature controller will not bring the inside of the box down past about 40.

But...there seems to be a solution which Bev Air does not openly talk about (I have no idea why)
      In order to get the temperatures down to a workable level without having to peg the control at "9"
      the temperature controller/thermostat must have an extended range. From what I gather the OEM controllers and recommended replacements have a range of 30-43 degrees. That don't cut it.

The controller should have a range of at least 10 degrees colder than that for the temperature to reach mid to upper 30's at a setting of "5" or so. A quick and most effective fix is the good old Johnson A419; has a range down to zero. Ranco also makes a controller that takes it down to 20 degrees and is a bolt-in replacement for the OEM thermostat. Good luck.
      "One more night like this will put me six feet under"
      Gram Parsons

Comment

Originally posted by bonefish View Post
        You need to know the temp of the beer. It might be 50 degrees, or 32.
        SEAN

How do I do that exactly? Poor one beer then poor another and take the temp of the second, correct?

Comment

stop openning the door so much
          My Home Bar: Baier's Taphouse

Kegs to Date: (11)Yuengling (8)Coors Light (6)Bud Light (5)Blue Moon (4)Natural Light (3)Sam Adams Oktoberfest (2)Misfit Red (2)National Bohemian (1)Miller Lite (1)Fat Tire Amber Ale

Comment

Originally posted by creedar View Post
            I'm new to the kegerator world but so far I love it. I picked up a used BM23 and put a new thermostat in her. My problem is if I put a few cups of water in with a thermometer the temp just barely gets down to 38-40* on 9 setting. I still get a bit of foam even at that temp. My question is this - shouldn't I be able to get that temp at like a 5 setting? I bought a new gasket and figured I'd try that even though the one currently on it seams okay. If anyone has any ideas as to what else to try please let me know.

THANKS!
            It is more than likely you have issues beyond the temp control.

A couple of questions... Is your condenser coil by the compressor completely clean, inside & out? Does the compressor cycle on & off? Is there any ice buildup on the evaporator coil inside?

THE ICEMAN
            My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
            "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
            -Dave Barry-
            "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
            Strong beer is the milk of the old."
            -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
            X