air compressor keg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air compressor keg

so i was at a social gathering this past weekend and when i went to refill me beverage i noticed that my friends had the air compressor hooked up to the keg with a jockey box. i did not know this was possible. can some one give me some more information on where i can pick up the parts to make one my self.

I know when I drain my compressor all sorts of rusty sludge comes out. I don't think I would want the air inside that touching my beer...

Comment

This is definately not recomended as sketch said, there is no way to keep the rusty sludge from comming into contact with the beer.
      Colin Harrison
      Dbi Beverage Chico

Comment

ok thanks... but besides the rust and crap in the air compressor this setup would work?

im pretty sure i can put a filter on the air hose... so the question is where can i get a tap that will allow a air house to hook up?

Comment

If you really want to do this, you will have to devise some sort of DIY device probably from parts you would find at a home improvement store. No beer component retailer will have any parts for a setup like this.

Comment

Keep in mind that if you do this the keg should be finished off fairly quickly. Once oxygen gets introduced into the beer from a party pump or air compressor it will start to spoil.

THE ICEMAN
            My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
            "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
            -Dave Barry-
            "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
            Strong beer is the milk of the old."
            -Martin Luther-

Comment

There is really no point to using an air compressor. Not only is nasty rusty air getting into your beer....but you would have to be really lazy if pumping the keg was considered too much work.
              On tap:
              1/2 bbl of Lienenkugel's Original

Gone, but not forgotten: (Sadly, Walter Payton's is gone)
              Sixtel of Sam Adams OctoberFest
              Sixtel of Walter Payton's Peat Smoked Scotch Ale
              Corny of Payton's Dancing Bear Honey Wheat
              Corny of Walter Payton's Aurora Amber Ale (both a malty and extra hoppy version)
              Corny (3 gal) of Coconut Rum and Cola
              Corny of Walter Payton's Beauregard's Blueberry Ale
              Corny of Walter Payton's Sweetness Stout on Nitro
              Corny of Rock Bottom's Belgian White Ale

Comment

I use a compressor to clean my jockey box and corny kegs to save CO2.
                No CRAP! on tap

Comment

In addition to the contaminants listed above most compressors (unless oil-less) have oil present in the output. If you really want to use a compressor add an oil separator and a two-stage particle filter.

Even then the output won't qualify as food grade.

Comment

damn. good thing you guys are telling me this after i drank the beer... lol

but yea good point on the oil and rust...

guess i wont be doing this any time soon!

Comment

You may not want to ever do this. Keep in mind oxidation. This is the reason you keep your bread and rolls covered or bagged. Otherwise you will compromise the quality. Same thing happens to beer. Have you ever tasted the beer at the end of a keg using a picnic pump? At least while you were sober?
                      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Working...
                      X