Building new kegerator out of old Fridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building new kegerator out of old Fridge

Well i got the old fridge have it installed in the bar now i need to go about installing the shank at the spot i would like. That is where the question comes in. If i want the shank to come out the side is there a problem with the shank coming out of the freezer part on the side part then drilling a hole through the freezer down to the refridge part where the keg would be settled. Not sure if the little bit of the beer line that runs through the freezer would freeze or what. Or if there would be any concern with running into any lines in this area. Any info would be great.

The line will likely freez in the freezer compartment and drilling through the side is risky unless you are certain there are no lines in that area.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Really going through the side is risky? Hmm front just would get in way of entrance to the bar i wonder if there is a way to tell if lines in the side is just a common fridge with freezer on top. Thanks for reply though.

Comment

You can google cornstarch test to see if it is something to help with deciding on drilling in the side or not.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

everything went well talked him into drilling through the front door turned out real good had a pretty good warming up party.

Comment

Working...
          X