Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

outdoor bar build (waiting on outdoor BM23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outdoor bar build (waiting on outdoor BM23)

Well, still waiting on my BevAir but it almost has a fully built home. Should be able to wrap this up in the next few days finishing the wood and the electricity and get it moved into is final position. Can't wait !!
    Attached Files

here are some more images
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice work. Please continue to post pictures with your progress and finished product. Thanks.

Comment

Awesome....can not wait to see the finished product!

Comment

Thanks guys.... pretty pumped myself. I wish I could claim the building part but I cant. My builder is incredible and extremely detailed. This thing is going to look good when completed witht he finishing touches and trim. I got the plans from barplan.com and this is a modified version of the "L Kegger" plan based on space, materials, and ideas he and I had.

Being that its outdoor we chose to build it out of pressure treated lumber which is sort of a trade off between building for looks and building for longevity. Overall, I'm pretty pleased even though we have a couple of issues to resolve. Cant wait to get the power and BevAir in and get put the lights on it.

Comment

Just got a call from the beer man.... BM23 will be here tomorrow !

Comment

Originally posted by dpx5 View Post
              Just got a call from the beer man.... BM23 will be here tomorrow !
              Looks good so far.

Just keep in mind, those beasts are happiest when you give them plenty of air to breath. Make sure you have some way of venting the incoming & exhaust air off of the condenser. In other words, don't slide the little beast back in a cabinet & expect it to work efficiently.

THE ICEMAN
              My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
              "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
              -Dave Barry-
              "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
              Strong beer is the milk of the old."
              -Martin Luther-

Comment

Thanks Iceman.... that is one thing I've read here over and over so I had that in consideration.

Let me run this by you - see what you think.

Basically there is a place for the BM23 to roll into on the short side of the bar. I wont close the wood on the interior of the frame (next to the unit), but only on the exterior of the frame (on the outside of the bar). So, there should be about 6 inches or more of open space between the rear of the unit and the outer frame. This space will extend the width of the unit and also the full height of the unit so I'm guessing that 24 x 36 is enough room in the back for air to move around. Basically the wheels will hit the lower frame but nothing else will touching or confined.

On the sides of the unit, same sorta thing. I'm only closing the outside of the bar but the inner frame will remain open in the keg cubby (just four sides of frame). We left about a little more than in inch total so to leave a little play for air. One side will have about 3 inches of space (24x36) and the other side has a little wider support piece so its about 5 incches. Same concept as the back. Sort of creates a large area for are to circulate.

On the outer frame of the bar (where the rear of the until will be) it will be lumber as well which will have a little space between each board... I can maybe vent that a little more or mabye actually add a vent itself (like for a crawlspace). I will also have power back there so if worse comes to worse I can put a fan back there.

So basically... large pockets of free space will surround the unit top to bottom and sides and fully open underneath, very little of it will be touching the bar at all, and some space on the back for air to go directly out.

What do you think ??? Is there anything I'm not thinking of or maybe doing wrong ?

Comment

Looks awesome--That bar is huge! If you have enough room for a fan behind the unit, you should have no worries.

Comment

Thanks Modman.... because our back yard is mostly shaded and NOTHING grows (grass, etc) so it either dirty/dusty or wet/muddy we decided go from 10x10 deck to pretty much decking the entire rear of the house....about 630 sq ft...making it usable space.

Then the problem...

where do we sit ? .... so i blended that with a wish for a kegerator and we made bar seating, a home for the draft beer, and a entertaining spot for game days, parties, family etc.

I sorta mismeasured a bit and could have cut about a foot or maybe two off of the long side... but it is what it is at this point. I was trying to make a spot for the grill without being too crowded. What I didnt take into consideration is two people back there at once... and we can do that now....not sure my orginal measurement took that into account.

Once its moved into it final spot it will look better and a bit more like it fits.

Comment

Looks like you pretty much have things covered. I would definitely consider a fan or some louvers in back. Keep us informed.

THE ICEMAN
                      My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
                      "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
                      -Dave Barry-
                      "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
                      Strong beer is the milk of the old."
                      -Martin Luther-

Comment

Thanks Iceman. I think I'm going to go ahead and have the louvers put in or possibly a louvered vent fan (I assume that exists?). Lowes or HD should have something that works.

Comment

slow progress - builder had some time issues..

more photos ... trim detail, bar side, BevAir cubby, etc.

if the rain holds off should be fully complete tomorrow...;ets hope

oh... beer man called me back today... they made a mistake. The bev air arriving today was not mine - it was another customers..... uuhhgggg
                          Attached Files

Comment

Any updated photos?

Comment

After having much problem with a wood top I converted to a slate top on my outdoor bar. Water just killed the wood. Slot for a fridge, slot for the kegerator, cabinet to store stuff out of the weather and a large slot for sink and shelves. Treated frame with cedar covering. Slate was fairly cheap, 7 pieces, just had to dig thru the piles at the quarry and pick out nice ones. Good forever I would think.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by pismo10; 09-29-2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X