BM23 Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BM23 Thermostat

OK. Narrowing down the problems on my used BM23. Evaporator icing seems to have been fixed by replacing the door seal. Was having some issues getting the relay on the compressor to make. Had ordered another thermostat (OEM from Partstown). Put it on. Compressor now cycles fine, (had thought that it might have been short cylcling and not equalizing). Problem is that now I have a huge differential in the box. I mean from 26 - 40 degrees.

Now the old thermostat had the sensor inserted into a piece of copper tubing that was mounted to the drip tray. I reinstalled the thermostat with the sensor in the tube. I'm thinking that the copper tube is holding the temperature better than the are and causing the huge swing. Have any of you replace thermostats lately? If so, how did you route the temp sensor? Mine is a older (15 years?) BM23.

I was given the instructions for installing the Love temp controller. I may do this, but if I can get it to work well with the thermostat I'd rather just keep it simple.

If the OEM control is made to sample evaporator coil temp, leave it in the tube. It will not work properly in the open air.

On most of the controls there is a range adjustment but they are very tricky to adjust. If you do it wrong it can really screw up the control. You might try calling Beverage Air technical service & tell them what you have to see if it can be adjusted.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
    X