Beverage-Air BM23 Temp Setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverage-Air BM23 Temp Setting

Perhaps I'm missing something but the temperature control instructions in the manual and the control knob itself are driving me insane.

It states that "5" is the normal position and should cool to 36 to 38 degrees. Fine. Great. So, which indicates a cooler setting and which indicates warmer? Is 9 the warmest? Is 1 the coolest? And where is the "indicator" position. I'm assuming it's the small notch on the cooler wall located at 3 O'clock?

Anyone with the unit who would care to share their setting? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ThreeCircles; 08-21-2010, 05:44 PM.

Setting 1 is the warmest & would cause the compressor to run the shortest time. 9 is the coldest & would cause the compressor to run almost continuously. Or simply put, clockwise is colder.
    If you feel the need to turn the unit colder do it in small increments. If you turn the control too cold you run the danger of freezing up the evaporator coils which will eventually result in warmer temps because of restricted air flow.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Thank you.

Working on zeroing in on the desired temp with small adjustments and allowing time for the system to acclimate.
      Last edited by ThreeCircles; 08-22-2010, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Keep in mind, the numbers on the temperature setting are somewhat relative, not unlike Nigel's amplifier in "Spinal Tap"-("..but this goes to 11, doesn't it?")

My BM23 stays very close to "9" and has for years. Beer is nice and cold, compressor kicks on 2-3 times an hour. Seems some Bev-Air units are set up to run that way. One day I MAY see about readjusting the thermostat but can see no good reason to do it right now.
        "One more night like this will put me six feet under"
        Gram Parsons

Comment

My BM23 stays very close to "9" and has for years. Beer is nice and cold, compressor kicks on 2-3 times an hour. Seems some Bev-Air units are set up to run that way. One day I MAY see about readjusting the thermostat but can see no good reason to do it right now.[/QUOTE]

Not to hijack the thread, but I guess that's what I'm about to do. I just installed a new thermostat in my old BM23. It is now close to 8 and it will get down to 26 degrees and then come up to 40, etc. Havn't timed it, bu the beer is pouring at about 34 degrees, which is where I like it.

Is there any way to adjust this thermostat to hold a smaller differential? Do I have something else wrong?

Comment

Which thermostat are you utilizing?
            Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Working...
            X