Coolant line question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant line question

Hello, I am about to convert my first kegerator using the Micromatic kit I just got in the mail today and a Kenmore mini fridge (Model #564.92441100 ). I have already cut out the shelves on the door (should I cover the insulation?) and bent the freezer down to the back as I have seen from the forums.

I have one problem. I have no idea if there is a coolant or condenser line on the top of the fridge where I need to drill for the tower. Compounding the problem is that the fridge is white and the top is thick plastic that doesn't seem to have a good way to take off (no screws and it is the same piece holding the door) so I don't see how the corn starch/ rubbing alcohol test will work. The kenmore support people had no idea where to get that information. Does anyone have any experience with this fridge or have any advice on what I can do? I can't feel enough heat difference in the top to know if there is one or where there is if there is one.

Thanks guys!

The idea behind the corn starch/rubbing alcohol test is that the mixture when spread over the area will dry much quicker when the fridge is running due to the lines being hot. I think there is a video demonstrating this somewhere.
    No CRAP! on tap

Comment

Working...
    X