No announcement yet.

And the fun begins.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got some molding cut out today. Still trying to get this thing done by football season. It's taking me a lot longer than I thought!
    Attached Files

Comment

You work thus far looks awesome, can not wait to see the finished product. I got lucky, the guy before me built a nice bar down in my basement and left it for me with the pool table!

Comment

bar looks great.....but...what size saltwater tank is that in the background? i see a yellow tang in there!
        Last edited by PaulieWalnuts; 08-17-2010, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Hey Paulie-its a 75g -the yellow tang is my favorite!

Comment

Sooooo......Did not make the goal of having the bar done by football season. Lets re-set that goal for a Thanksgiving football game. LOL The good news is the Haier is working great and the beer is cold!

Comment

is it done yet!?!?!?
              My Home Bar: Baier's Taphouse

Kegs to Date: (11)Yuengling (8)Coors Light (6)Bud Light (5)Blue Moon (4)Natural Light (3)Sam Adams Oktoberfest (2)Misfit Red (2)National Bohemian (1)Miller Lite (1)Fat Tire Amber Ale

Comment

Not yet, spent all my money in Vegas last week.lol Lots of Ravens fans at the sports book at Mandalay Bay on Sunday though!

Comment

nice, i am going to vegas for new years i think
                  My Home Bar: Baier's Taphouse

Kegs to Date: (11)Yuengling (8)Coors Light (6)Bud Light (5)Blue Moon (4)Natural Light (3)Sam Adams Oktoberfest (2)Misfit Red (2)National Bohemian (1)Miller Lite (1)Fat Tire Amber Ale

Comment

Finishing the top

Ok, Life was a bit hectic for a while but calmed down a little...Finally some time to work on the bar. I plan on at least 10 coats of poly on the top, fine sanded between each coat.
                    I want it shiny enough to see my drunk a** reflection!
                    Attached Files

Comment

I found a company in some back alley in Baltimore that sells used refrigerators/soda machines. I gave the guy $10 and a hat for this pristine True emblem. Looks like my Haier is getting an upgrade! LOL
                      Attached Files

Comment

yeah we had to reset our football season time line as well...we too are shooting for all work done by thanksgiving!!! ive got to update my thread with new pics....your bar top looks awesome!

Comment

I'm hoping Christmas at this point!

Comment

I think I got the last coat of polyurethane on tonight. 13 coats, wet sanded between each coat. Took two weeks....I'm so sick of that crap. I will let it dry for about a week, then sand with 2000 grit paper and polish with some paste wax.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I think the top is finally finished. Now I need to get the sides done, and the sink plumbed.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Looks fantastic!
                                I feel your pain about getting sick of a project and just wanting it to be complete.
                                Waiting for finish coats to dry, sanding, more coats, more drying time, more sanding, more finish coats ect. ect ect

Comment

Working...
                                X