Adding an extra tap on 2.5" tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding an extra tap on 2.5" tower

I want to add an extra tap, but then realized that my draft tower is only 2.5" diameter...
    What would you recommend? Can I replace the old 2.5" tower with a 3" one?

The four mounting screws on the base of the tower are 2.25" apart.

Is this a kegerator that you built or a ******* made one. If home built I'd switch to a 3" to add more taps as the extra lines will likely need the airflow. If ******* built, you will need to evaluate if you can accommodate the mounting.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

It's actually a commercial built kegerator, like a Danby. It does fit two corny kegs -- that's why I want to add an extra tap. It doesn't have a blower for the tower though.
      I guess I may be able to make an adapter with plywood... but I am still hoping to find some prettier way to do this.

Cheers!

Comment

switch to 3" tower 2 faucet probably cheapest efficent way to go the mounting holes will line up plywood not good for insulating or withstanding humidity and sweating

Comment

That's what I was thinking, replacing the tower all together.
          Can anyone with a 3" tower do a quick measurement to see how far the mounting screws are from each other?
          Thanks!

Comment

I replaced a plastic 2.5 " tower a few weeks ago and my micromatic tower matched the holes on the keg box

Comment

Can anyone tell me the distance between the base mounting holes on a 3" tower column?
              just a quick measurement between two screws? Please?

Comment

I just measured, from center to center of each screw, it's between 2 3/4" and 2 7/8"

Comment

Thank you so much for measuring!!

looks like it's not going to work for me... 2 1/4" on mine.

Comment

Working...
                  X