Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Zuhse
    replied
    Our ability to guess your beer temperature is obviously limited. But if we were to guess that your beer temperature was 38F and you reside at an elevation between 1'-1000', apply 14 PSIG against your keg. The products you are utilizing are close in carbonation level.

If, after checking your beer temperature with a calibrated thermometer and our guess was wrong, for every two degrees we were off, adjust from 14 one PSI. Up for warmer, down for colder.

And if you do not reside between 1' to 1000', for every 2000' above 1000', increase one PSI.

If your your beer temperature is not constant at the keg and all the way to the faucet, you will have issues.

Leave a comment:

• Acmemfg
    replied
    Hey, that TastyBrew Calculator is pretty cool, but..........
    I have 3 kegs running off the same CO2 tank/regulator (1 line into a 3 valve manifold). So if (like now) I have a Sam Adams Noble Pils, Sam Adams Boston Lager, and Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale (all obviously different brews), where should the pressure be set? The variance per the calculator is quite wide (5.7-12.5)

Leave a comment:

• DCullender
    replied
    Please provide more information.

What is beer temp?
    What pressure are you using?
    What style beer?

Basics are pretty standard. Most common problems are too low or too high CO2 pressure. Too low pressure beer foams because the CO2 is breaking out of solution and beer is going flat. Too high and beer pours too fast and foams in glass.

Temperature: Beer temp is personal preference. However, we need to know what temp your like to determine the correct pressure.

General rule, if pouring standard American beers, at 38 degrees, pressure should be around 12.

Leave a comment:

• psychodad
    replied
    Just a couple. Check your beer temperature with a calibrated thermometer. Then determine what your co2 should be set at for the particular style of beer you have. TastyBrew.com | Homebrewing Calculators | Kegging Carbonation Calculator

Leave a comment:

• ibc1983
    started a topic Beer Trouble

Beer Trouble

I have a bev air bm23 and am having trouble with flat and foamy beer? any ideas as to what i should do to improve this
Working...
X