Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I really need a secondary regulator to run Yuengling and Leinenkugels Sunset Wheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I really need a secondary regulator to run Yuengling and Leinenkugels Sunset Wheat

I just built a 2 keg kegerator system for my house. I currently only have one, primary regulator hooked up with a splitter. So far I have only dispensed Yuengling but I will be buying a second keg soon. I have a couple questions.

1. Do I really need to run another regulator to adjust the pressure for the second keg? I will be dispensing Yuengling and Leinenkugels Sunset Wheat.

2. I already own two primary regulators. They have the standard 4 holes. Air in on the right, beer side pressure guage hole on top, tank pressure or pass through on left and nipple on bottom. If I do need 2 regulators for the beer I plan to dispense, can I use two "Primary regulators" or do I need a Primary regulator and a secondary regulator for some reason?

On a side note, how often do you guys clean your lines?

Thank you for your help

Jim

I think you would need a second regulator if co2 is not the same for both brews , and clean my lines after each keg

Comment

The carbonation level for these two products is very close. You should be able to dispense with the same pressure.
      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

What is the difference between a primary regulator and a secondary regulator. I have done searches but i cant find the answer.

Thanks

Comment

A primary regulator can accept high pressure gas.....directly from a gas cylinder.

A secondary regulator cannot accept high pressure gas....at can only accept gas that has already been reduced to a much lower pressure level.
          On tap:
          1/2 bbl of Lienenkugel's Original

Gone, but not forgotten: (Sadly, Walter Payton's is gone)
          Sixtel of Sam Adams OctoberFest
          Sixtel of Walter Payton's Peat Smoked Scotch Ale
          Corny of Payton's Dancing Bear Honey Wheat
          Corny of Walter Payton's Aurora Amber Ale (both a malty and extra hoppy version)
          Corny (3 gal) of Coconut Rum and Cola
          Corny of Walter Payton's Beauregard's Blueberry Ale
          Corny of Walter Payton's Sweetness Stout on Nitro
          Corny of Rock Bottom's Belgian White Ale

Comment

Damn then I just wasted money.

I bought a secondary reg but now I cannot use it. Anyone need a secondary reg with a gauge?
            Last edited by jimbo69ny; 01-18-2010, 06:36 AM.

Comment

maybe. shoot me a pm

Comment

Originally posted by danielschweer View Post
                maybe. shoot me a pm
                here are a couple photos of it. Id like to get $25 for it which is just what I paid for it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X