Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaking beer ....need help (Kegerator Virgin)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking beer ....need help (Kegerator Virgin)

As posted in previous posts I purchased a used Bev Air Single Keg Unit. I assumed it was good to go but have found a problem I can't fix. Beer is leaking from the beer line at the Sankey. If I pull the tap beer comes through, but half is ending up on the floor. The beer is making its way through the line but half is leaking out of coupler. The set up (please note, this is all new to me) is a bolt like object that goes over an insert. The insert is in the beer line. In between the two is a single black rubber gakset. The beer seems to make it through the coupler fine where it connects to the Sankey but leaks out on the other side of the coupler. I have been fiddling with it for two days and have people coming over to at 1 pm tomorrow (Sat., 12/12) and fear that I will have to buy bottles even though there is a kegerator at my house with a 1/4 keg in it.....sort of embarrasing, especially since my wife was against the purchase to begin with. I know my details are vague due to lack of knowledge but any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Sean

Sean

"The set up (please note, this is all new to me) is a bolt like object that goes over an insert. The insert is in the beer line. In between the two is a single black rubber gasket."

Honestly don't know what you mean, no insert in beer line (unless your talking about tailpiece), don't know bolt-like object.

First pic is prefabricated beer line, hex connector gets tightened into top of second picture with washer in between, custom made connections are a little more complicated, but it just a basically a nut on screw situation. Make sure your parts are the right size, beer line should be 3/16 ID, the tailpiece (might be the insert you talk about ), needs to fit, if 1/4 ID beer line with 3/16 tailpiece without clamp might result in leaks. Pictures would be good, try look through learn tab might get some hints, with pics diagnoses might be easier. Also post any mods you made or if your using the system as you bought it.

KB
    Attached Files

Comment

sounds to me that the beer washer (gasket) is in the wrong place. the "insert" that is in the beer line (tailpiece) should make direct metal-to-metal contact with "the bolt-like object" (line nut) with no gasket in between.

the gasket goes in between the flat sealing surface of the tailpiece, and the flat sealing surface of the probe on the sankey coupler.

Comment

OK, I def think I have it backwards on my unit. I will attempt to fix now, if I can't I'll try and post some photos for further guidance. Thanks!

Comment

Bingo!! thanks again.. The guy I bought it from was def. a boozer and used it alot, I am sure the washer got pulled over the tailpiece when I took it apart to clean it. But it is wokring now with no leaks, now I'll have to fiddle with the unit to get a better pour....but all is well for now.

Thanks
          Sean

Comment

I don't have a washer. My kegerator is a new Danby, should there be a washer? Help I am leaking and don't want to wast a keg of beer.

Comment

Yes. You should have a washer on your tailpiece. Micromatic sells the proper washer, but I've heard of people makinf due with one from Lowes until they got the right one.
              Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
              but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Working...
              X