Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little TOO cold

Christmas Greetings to All-

I moved the temperature sensor in my converted fridge closer to the kegs, and did not adjust the temperature dial off of maximum.

Last night, I found my lower alcohol beer lines frozen. The 9% doppelbock was fine and poured at 26 degrees! It almost hurt to drink it! The thermometer in the fridge compartment read 20 degrees.

I switched the doppelbock line to the frozen oktoberfest keg and- no flow, so the dip tube in the keg must also be frozen.

I put the temperature sensor back where it was, (hanging on the side of the cold air vent from the freezer), and turned down the temp a bit.

I finally got some beer to flow from the oktoberfest keg, but the beer is now very foamy. I will let things stabilize and check it again tonight.

By the way, these are homebrew kegs and beer.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Great site- and thank you for the help!

Rick S.
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Rick S.
    Homebrewer
    Valparaiso, Indiana

Originally posted by ricksz View Post
    I finally got some beer to flow from the oktoberfest keg, but the beer is now very foamy. I will let things stabilize and check it again tonight.

Any suggestions on what I should do?
    The colder temperatures made the beer over carbonate. Turn off the co2, shake the keg a bit and pull the relief. I'm sorry I can't estimate how much to shake it as it is a shotgun approach. However if you let a bit too much co2 out, it will recarb on its own in a day or three.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Thank you for the help! It has already improved greatly.

Rick S
      Valparaiso, Indiana
      Rick S.
      Homebrewer
      Valparaiso, Indiana

Comment

Working...
      X